PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easy Pizza dough recipe please.

Options
Does anyone have a quick and easy pizza dough recipe please?
I have everything I think I would need to make one (oil, flour, salt, yeast etc).

I have a breadmaker, so any suggestions for a recipe that I could do in there would be handy. Also, one that can be frozen would be great. Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    OH has just made some pizza bases using this recipe from the Takeaway Secrets book..it says this makes 2 bases but he makes double this and we get 6 bases altogether...it freezes well.

300g strong bread flour
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp veg oil
    1/2 tsp dry yeast
    210ml water

Combine, knead, from into a ball, put into large oiled bowl, cover and sit in a warm place for an hour or until it doubles in size.

(recipe says to then divide up into individual balls depending on how many bases then refrigerate in bows for 2 hours but we don't bother with this part)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I use this jamie Oliver one, I halve the amounts and it makes about 4 bases (we like them extra thin)

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/pizza-dough/

I also use this recipe for the pizza sauce. It's fab on pasta too, you can add all sorts to it. I use pasatta and skip the sieving bit which I found both messy, and a pain - pasatta gives you a smooth sauce from the off.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/the-quickest-tomato-sauce/

I often make up uncooked bases with sauce and then freeze them ready to whip out and add toppings for a quick pizza dinner. Just make sure you still cook them on a tray else you end up with a heap of pizza in the bottom of the oven .
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I make this one in my breadmaker

225ml/8oz water
    30ml/2tbsp olive oil
    450g/1lb strong white bread flour
    1.5 tsp salt
    2 tsp sugar
    1.5 tsp easy blend yeast

I bung it on the dough setting. Makes 2 pizzas big enough for 2 people with sides. It also freezes well. I wrap it in cling film and freeze it that way
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, I'll try them out :)
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just to add you don't need to put the sugar in any of those recipes.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just to add you don't need to put the sugar in any of those recipes.

That would be great, as I am trying to reduce my sugar intake. But don't you need the sugar to feed the yeast?
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 December 2014 at 2:35PM
    Options
    No, you don't use sugar in pizza base.

I have one on the go in the BM as I type. :D

150 grams strong white flour
    3/4 teaspoon yeast
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional - I add this cos we like them!)
    a splash of olive oil (probably about 10 ml, I do it by guesswork)
    85 ml water

This makes one base that serves Mr LW and myself. I rest it in the airing cupboard for an hour before I do the topping, which is typically:

Tomato puree
    Extra extra mature Cheddar, grated
    1/4 onion, diced
    2 Qu0rn bacon-style strips, cut into pieces
    Sliced tomato
    Pineapple chunks - I get pineapples from the market, get Mr LW to cut them up, and freeze them; it's not tinned pineapple, though I expect you could use that.
    Fresh basil from the windowsill

HTH.

ETA The pizza base recipe is slightly adapted from the one in the instruction book for the BM; the recipe as set is for twice the amount (eg 300 g flour, etc) and makes 2 bases. I used to do this and freeze one, it does freeze well; but I found it better to halve the amount and do one at a time because I often literally didn't have the space in the freezer for the 2nd half.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure