MSE News: Waiting for a City Link delivery? You may have to collect it

"Thousands of customers waiting for City Link parcels must head to depots to pick up their packages ..."
Read the full story:

Waiting for a City Link delivery? You may have to collect it

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doubt amazon will be affected as they tend to use hermes, yodel and amazon logistics / royal mail .
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • visidigivisidigi Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    chanz4 wrote: »
    doubt amazon will be affected as they tend to use hermes, yodel and amazon logistics / royal mail .

they used them for big ticket items such as monitors and TV's though...

City Link were VERY cheap for large items.
  • I was affected with Amazon and Citylink. They tried shipping an item boxing day via city link. There was a days delay in transit and it turned up via DPD. Amazon did use City Link contrary to what the previous poster put.
  • edited 30 December 2014 at 1:29AM
    ladycazladycaz Forumite
    5 Posts
    edited 30 December 2014 at 1:29AM
    will keep as short a possible used parcel2go as broker to send parcel .Which was city link had the parcel since 5/12/2014 they said tried to deliver but could not find address.
    We told them to return to us they said they would .We live in Croydon Surrey parcel was to go to Redhill Surrey .No parcel came back then we hear on news city link administration.Say people should collect there parcel .
    We track parcel and phone them because it show parcel is in Northampton we first ask how it ended up there as both sending address and delivery address in surrey person on phone say can't answer that so ask what to do as it is two hours way by car and have to work .Answer go collect it explain again can not get there due to distance and work nothing I can do to help you and hangs up.
    I do feel for the staff but this just shows what they think of there customers. Contact parcel2go they say when we know your know no help. So now will have to refund the money to the Ebay buyer who has waited patiently for her goods to turn up and hope someone will give us goods back or compensate us for there loss .But don't hold out much hope either way.:mad:
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ladycaz wrote: »
    will keep as short a possible used parcel2go as broker to send parcel .Which was city link had the parcel since 5/12/2014 they said tried to deliver but could not find address.
    We told them to return to us they said they would .We live in Croydon Surrey parcel was to go to Redhill Surrey .No parcel came back then we hear on news city link administration.Say people should collect there parcel .
    We track parcel and phone them because it show parcel is in Northampton we first ask how it ended up there as both sending address and delivery address in surrey person on phone say can't answer that so ask what to do as it is two hours way by car and have to work .Answer go collect it explain again can not get there due to distance and work nothing I can do to help you and hangs up.
    I do feel for the staff but this just shows what they think of there customers. Contact parcel2go they say when we know your know no help. So now will have to refund the money to the Ebay buyer who has waited patiently for her goods to turn up and hope someone will give us goods back or compensate us for there loss .But don't hold out much hope either way.:mad:

Just because the address was within the same vicinity doesn't mean your package won't travel to the hub for delivery, this could have been as far as the main citylink hub in Coventry. Hub and Spoke courier services work this way - and by going through Parcel2Go you would have to claim from them - it could even potentially be something you claim through their insurance as they are the party you contracted to deliver, not City Link.
  • paddyrgpaddyrg Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'What they think of their customers'... They no longer have customers, and the person who answered the phone and told you the situation can't change the situation - there are no drivers, no deliveries, and they've got thousands of packages they will do their best to make available but fact is it'll be one or two people trying to sort out a whole depot mess so the leases can be sold asap.

I'd bite the bullet and find some (any) way to connect the package from Northampton before it gets moved on elsewhere with other uncollected packages and may get lost in the chaos. I can't imagine P2G being a huge amount of help as they're a broker/aggregator and have likely lost money in this too.
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legally the retailer is responsible for delivery of your goods and until they are delivered you can use the consumer contract regulations to cancel the transaction.
    Some of these depots can be 30/40 miles away and they might not have your parcel when you get there.
    Unless its a treasured gift from a loved one I would let the retailer worry about how they are getting your goods to you.
    They are the ones making the profit, they should send another courier to collect the stock and re-deliver it.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    paddyrg wrote: »
    I can't imagine P2G being a huge amount of help as they're a broker/aggregator and have likely lost money in this too.

I reckon they've lost alot.

Although they may also have had some significant payments to City Link they have yet to pay.

It's going to be a while before all this works out...
  • mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A broker like P2G will need to help, as the service to get the parcel from one place to another was purchased from them - if this doesn't happen for whatever reason, they're liable.

P2G have always been helpful in my experience, I send about 30 items a day with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides