We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

HELP! bank charges every month!

Never used this before haha, but basically I'm a single parent on income support and its hard enough to scrape by but I get bank charges at LEAST once a month, i try my best to make sure money is in but its so hard.

And its only for a day or so that the money isn't in for, I've asked for an overdraft of just £50 to give me a bit of leeway in case there's no money in but the bank said no because I always have bank charges.

I was wondering if I could claim back my bank charges or not? Because I'm on benefits I was just wondering if they will knock me back because im not working.

I would really appreciate it if someone told me what to do because I haven't got a clue!.... And apparently I'm a poet:rotfl:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.