next !

Options
was given a next gift card for Christmas which failed to work online as usual, very disappointed as I like to get something from beaverbrooks but was unable to on this occasion

went to two different stores in my area to have a look at sale stuff, found one item which would have been nice to have an accompanying item even if not in my size but my real gripe is...

no full price items anywhere to be seen, shop full, in each department of sale stock

I understand you have much to sell but it would have been nice to see some other stock also, was looking for matching bra and brief sets and some decent blouses but nothing in sight unfortunately

Comments

• whitegoods_engineer
    Options
    So you'd rather have paid a higher price for the items but were disappointed to find that the prices weren't high enough??
  • bluebeary
    bluebeary Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Options
    So you'd rather have paid a higher price for the items but were disappointed to find that the prices weren't high enough??

I really needed a matching brief and bra set for a special occasion and was unable to find one anywhere in either store, being willing to pay the extra for full price items I was disappointed yes

nothing else I need or want from next unfortunately
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bluebeary wrote: »
    was given a next gift card for Christmas which failed to work online as usual, very disappointed as I like to get something from beaverbrooks but was unable to on this occasion

went to two different stores in my area to have a look at sale stuff, found one item which would have been nice to have an accompanying item even if not in my size but my real gripe is...

no full price items anywhere to be seen, shop full, in each department of sale stock

I understand you have much to sell but it would have been nice to see some other stock also, was looking for matching bra and brief sets and some decent blouses but nothing in sight unfortunately

To me, this is the beauty of a gift card - it doesn't need to be spent now, and instead can be kept until the new stock comes out and you're usually skint and can't buy anything :rotfl:

And then it feels like a real treat! :T

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • bluebeary
    Options
    obviously I like a bargain but my voucher was for next and was unable to use it for jewellery online, so thought id treat myself to some lingerie in store but was unable to find anything suitable
  • bluebeary
    Options
    hieveryone wrote: »
    To me, this is the beauty of a gift card - it doesn't need to be spent now, and instead can be kept until the new stock comes out and you're usually skint and can't buy anything :rotfl:

And then it feels like a real treat! :T

the 'big day' was today so I needed to buy it yesterday
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I really needed a matching brief and bra set for a special occasion and was unable to find one anywhere in either store, being willing to pay the extra for full price items I was disappointed yes

nothing else I need or want from next unfortunately

I'm intrigued now.

What special occasion needs you to display a matching brief and bra set?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

maybe it depends on the size of store. My local one had some regular stock at the back of the store and, as the sale stock diminishes, the more regular stock comes out. When is the special occasion? Can you wait a week or two?
  • bluebeary
    Options
    no I couldn't wait and it was worth it, thanks for asking
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued now.

What special occasion needs you to display a matching brief and bra set?

Maybe they planned on getting run over? My old nan used to say to make sure you were wearing clean undies for when you got knocked down

(never could figure that saying out, surely you should be wearing clean undies anyway but secondly, wouldn't you pee when the car / bus / truck hit you? and why would they look at your undies?!)
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    the 'big day' was today so I needed to buy it yesterday

What if you hadn't received a voucher? You would have had to buy it anyway, so your neither worse or better off anyway?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport