We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your favourite shift to work?

Options
2»

Comments

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I work 9-5.30 (hour for lunch which I really appreciate) but given the option I think I'd do 8-4.30.
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    Nights.

Less traffic, less customers, less management, less people in general (don't like people).

Sadly, I don't get the opportunity to do them so much any more.

I hate 9-5 days, can't get anything done and when you finally get stuck into something, it's home time.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I used to love 12-8s.

Get up at about 9.30am, get ready, go to the gym, head to work finish at 8 and have my tea ready and waiting. No rush hour traffic, a lie in in the morning.

Only downside was during summer. By the time you get home the sun has gone in.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sazaccount
    Options
    I like my night shifts 10.30pm - 7am,

working in a 24/7 industry I've worked all of the shifts going, I'm not a morning person so the 7am starts weren't good!!! Late shifts meant if i needed to get to the shops I was able to in the am but most of the time I would just sleep in lol.
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport