Best facial wipes for stubborn eye makeup?

Options
2»

Comments

• jenniewb wrote: »
    That sounds a bit messy though- do you not worry about getting things in the pot of oil when you dip your fingers in? It sounds like a nice idea and quite a healthy idea compared to those of us using man-made chemicals on our faces! But I feel too hung up on ending up with a pot/jar..etc of oil which would look a bit grey after a few days, even if I scrub my fingers there is always some amount of dead skin cells on there-unless I am weird and it's just me/my skin!

The oil I have is actually in a 100ml dark glass bottle with a slow-drop top, from which I shake a few drops out of into the palm of my hand and then smoothe onto the tips of my finger and thumb. Otherwise, yes, I might share your concern about cross contamination.

But then again, I guess if you had oil from a 'normal' non-dropper bottle you'd just wash and dry your hands well before use to prevent any bacteria etc, the same as you would do if you were to dip your fingers into moisturiser / makeup that's in a pot rather than a squeezy tube..
  • jetplane
    jetplane Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best face wipes I have used for cleaning and cost are Kirkland from Costco. However I don't consider any face wipes are good for your delicate eye area no matter how convenient. Cotton wool and a decent eye make up remover is just as quick, much kinder, especially long term and cheaper.

I use lancome bi facial its expensive but I always buy it on offer or get it as a freebie it lasts months. Costs less than £2 month including cotton wool. Decent face wipes are more than that.

I never wear bomb proof mascara as nothing will get it off without being too harsh on my eyes and I can't use oil as it irritates them.
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I second bi-facial - the stuff is amazing! Doesn't come as wipes though
  • jetplane
    jetplane Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^ No I wouldn't use wipes on my eyes, bi facial is the only cleanser that cleans my make up easy and with no irritation.
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The oil I have is actually in a 100ml dark glass bottle with a slow-drop top, from which I shake a few drops out of into the palm of my hand and then smoothe onto the tips of my finger and thumb. Otherwise, yes, I might share your concern about cross contamination.

But then again, I guess if you had oil from a 'normal' non-dropper bottle you'd just wash and dry your hands well before use to prevent any bacteria etc, the same as you would do if you were to dip your fingers into moisturiser / makeup that's in a pot rather than a squeezy tube..

I have tried oils before but as a moisturiser on a pipette (Kiehl's have one) which I suppose dealt with the cross contamination issue, but it was just the way you described it that confused me- I am guessing that it works for you or you wouldn't be doing it and I was just curious as to how it was working because I always worry no matter how much I scrub my hands clean there is always going to be something left behind even if it's the hand wash itself!

I stopped using the Kiehl's moisturising oil once it ran out but only because it was too expensive and I had a handful of deluxe samples rather than being able to throw £35+ at a product. I did always use the pipette though because it was easier but if fingers work for you.

Maybe I'm a bit OTT, I have a special little spoon which comes with my moisturiser (it comes in the box with the pot) which I use to put onto my skin but my favorites are the pots which come with their own pump-dispenser or come in a tube though these are harder to find.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I use oil to remove my eye makeup. With a finger and thumb tip dipped in argan oil (other oil would work too), I gently massage my eyeliner and eyelashes, and use a cotton pad to wipe this away. Repeat til all clear.

Honestly, oil makes short work of eye makeup, is gently (no scrubbing or harsh detergents needed) and is uber cheap!

I currently use oil, it's the only thing that will remove my mascara.

But I borrowed a wipe at my daughters over Xmas & thought how convieneient for nights when you want to be lazy......
  • Graciexo
    Graciexo Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    I currently use oil, it's the only thing that will remove my mascara.

But I borrowed a wipe at my daughters over Xmas & thought how convieneient for nights when you want to be lazy......

Hi Kim Kim!
    I currently use Bioderma make up remover, its fairly reasonable and makes really short work of the many (many) layers of make up I wear daily.
    Its not quite a wipe but dump some on a cotton pad and hey presto :)
  • jude47
    jude47 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    I do use wipes to remove eye make up before using Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser on the rest of my face. A tip my aunt, who worked for Elizabeth Arden for over 40 years, gave me was; whatever eye make up remover you are using, hold the moistened pad/wipe against your eye for 30 seconds before wiping. This should mean you don't have to 'scrub' at the delicate eye area.

Works for me!
  • misswansea
    Options
    I have just discovered that Wilko sell "skin therapy dual eyemake up remover" which is a 2part (shake to use) remover for only 95p for 150ml
    I have just successfully used a splash on a cotton pad to easily remove benefit "they're real" mascara (which barely shifts with my kleenex sensitive eye make up remover wipes)

magic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport