Best facial wipes for stubborn eye makeup?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
19 replies 2.2K views
Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
3.6K Posts
Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I used my daughters facial wipes over xmas & thought what a handy thing to have in for if you can't be bothered to do the full routine, a lot better than nothing!
I wear really bomb proof mascara, what's the best facial wipes for stubborn eyemakeup? Any recommendations?

Replies

• PleutPleut Forumite
    535 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I've never found any that are -that- good for them unless they're special eye make up wipes...
    I use eye make up remover then my wipes.
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • I wear waterproof mascara and I use baby wipes, works for me. There cheaper than face wipes too.
  • I use high end make-up inc waterproof mascara & liquid eyeliner and find Wilko's are fab! 50p a pack (25). I couldn't live without them!
  • jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Pleut, I have tried many wipes and always end up needing to scrub at my eyes which even if I do veeery very slightly, cause my eyes to puff up and go pink. I use a two-part eye make up remover (Garnier's works well, Lancôme, Clinique, Chanel....etc are all fantastic but crazy prices).

I don't tend to need a wipe afterwards, just the other side of the cotton wool I'd been using. No red eyes and works out around the same price if not cheaper.
  • A_Phoenix_of_TangerineA_Phoenix_of_Tangerine Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds weird, but I use oil to remove my eye makeup. With a finger and thumb tip dipped in argan oil (other oil would work too), I gently massage my eyeliner and eyelashes, and use a cotton pad to wipe this away. Repeat til all clear.

Honestly, oil makes short work of eye makeup, is gently (no scrubbing or harsh detergents needed) and is uber cheap!
  • Sounds weird, but I use oil to remove my eye makeup. With a finger and thumb tip dipped in argan oil (other oil would work too), I gently massage my eyeliner and eyelashes, and use a cotton pad to wipe this away. Repeat til all clear.

Honestly, oil makes short work of eye makeup, is gently (no scrubbing or harsh detergents needed) and is uber cheap!

I do this too, but with baby oil.... works perfect.
  • Blackpool_SaverBlackpool_Saver Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple eye make up remover all over the face, then water, then e45
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds weird, but I use oil to remove my eye makeup. With a finger and thumb tip dipped in argan oil (other oil would work too), I gently massage my eyeliner and eyelashes, and use a cotton pad to wipe this away. Repeat til all clear.

That sounds a bit messy though- do you not worry about getting things in the pot of oil when you dip your fingers in? It sounds like a nice idea and quite a healthy idea compared to those of us using man-made chemicals on our faces! But I feel too hung up on ending up with a pot/jar..etc of oil which would look a bit grey after a few days, even if I scrub my fingers there is always some amount of dead skin cells on there-unless I am weird and it's just me/my skin!
  • GBNIGBNI Forumite
    566 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Facial wipes won't do your skin any good in the long term. Garnier do a make up remover that is more oil based, you have to shake it up to mix the layers in order to use it. Makes short work of gel liner/mascara etc.
  • Baby_AngelBaby_Angel Forumite
    540 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I use "Garnier Skin Naturals Softening Cleansing Lotion For Face & Eyes". This is the only remover I use (for entire face) and it removes my very stubborn black eye liner with ease.
    SPC 08 - #452 - £415
    SPC 09 - #452 - £298
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs