191011121315»

Comments

• uncreative
    uncreative Posts: 384 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 September 2015 at 7:31AM
    Options
    Swampy3k wrote: »
    Does anyone know when YNAB are next selling it discounted? think I'll give this a try but resent paying full price for anything :)

I paid £30 via steam which technically isnt full price as the full price is $59.99 IIRC.

There is a 34 day trial so why not give it a free try for a month and see how you get on then judge from there. Honestly, the software looks great, works really well, no bugs at all, and seamlessly syncs with smartphones which for me was the real clincher, the discipline of capturing costs on the go is key to managing the cash side of it.

If you spend less than 5 minutes a day making sure it is all up to date and reconciles then it is a really really great bit of software. I would happily have paid $59.99.
    Total Credit Used...=........£9,000 / £52,700
    Mortgage..............=........£138,000 , 20 Years left.
    :starmod:CC cashback for this year..=........£112.88 £205.81 banked in 2015
    :starmod:YNAB User & Mortgage Free Wannabe
    :starmod::A19/03/16
  • uncreative
    Options
    Just checked Steam right there - £29.99.
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi

I just want an app for spending so YNAB might not be the best for me?

We are not in any debt and have a positive balance/savings I use santander 123 account for the interest.

The problem we have is the everyday spends on extra food, treats etc etc and I'd like to track this to get a handle on it. Is there an app for this that myself and my husband could use jointly on our own phones as we share money so would both need to update the app.

Any suggestions?
  • uncreative
    Options
    I think it would be great for you as your situation is described. We are not in debt but still use it to focus on our spending and maximise our savings.
    You do need the desktop or ipad version to do most pf the tasks, the app on the phone is really for viewing and recording.

I cant really say i have used a standalone app.

it works best for us as we do a monthly budget for the coming month around the computer together, then can in real time update our own phones with our own purchases and the other person can see it.

I think it does a great job and lets us have that joint time together at the desktop to plan the month ahead. We find that part of it probably the most useful bit of setting a manageable budget.
  • flyingwombats
    Options
    I use quickbooks online for work and personal, and they do have and app. Its paid for so not ideal for personal but if you have to do it for work then I think its worth while although again I hated it at first until I understood the web part. Not its set up it recognizes which bank transaction is for which expense etc and matches them. Saves a lot of time but initially takes a fair bit in setup
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure