A good budgeting app???

Options
Could anyone recommend a good app for budgeting and keeping track of spending? Ideally, I'm looking for an app that can be amended by 2 people on 2 different phones (i.e. me and my wife).

Aiming to pay off £50,312.94 in less than 3 years - Starting from December 2015
Current debt total: £32,756.02 (as of 1st March 2018)
Date Free Date Aim: Summer 2019 (8 extra months needed :( )

Comments

• longtermplanner
    Options
    You can't beat YNAB! http://www.youneedabudget.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAwuSkBRC7qKq8rr7796sBEiQA5VnSuMHhnDoyNohzmupyM-61CcrWQDr5yYwqpEyLw_zxGrkaAn928P8HAQ

Unfortunately it's not free, but it is brilliant, especially for couples both wanting to check / update on the move. Usually cheapest to buy in Britain via Steam.
  • greensalad
    greensalad Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I couldn't get on with YNAB at all! It's so difficult to use, and I can never work out how to balance it. Gave up on it, no idea how people use it here.
  • MrWillyWonka
    Options
    Another one for YNAB. It's on sale at the moment at the Steam store with a 25% discount.

It took me a week to get used to it but after a month we have already saved money, it really gives you awareness of where your money is going.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    greensalad wrote: »
    I couldn't get on with YNAB at all! It's so difficult to use, and I can never work out how to balance it. Gave up on it, no idea how people use it here.

Which aspect did you find difficult? It is true that you need to attend their class or watch the video for some aspects (eg. credit cards). However, once you have done that, it is simple to use. I started in August and intend to continue.
  • Bored
    Bored Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    YNAB is a pretty steep learning curve but it all clicks into place when you watch the webinars I found. I wouldn't use anything else now.
    2023 Mortgage-Free Wannabe #19: £11,675.68/£13,000
    Mortgage Overpayment Total: £22,397.1
  • Laconic
    Laconic Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I started and scrapped YNAB twice before the third time I took the time to listen in on the basic webinar, understood its principles and the lightbulb went off. It's worth it -- it *will* change your life! :D
    LBM: June 2023. Amount owed: ~£10,000I've gone debt free before, I can do it again!
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I ❤️ YNAB

It has improved my budgeting no end in 2014.
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    Laconic wrote: »
    I started and scrapped YNAB twice before the third time I took the time to listen in on the basic webinar, understood its principles and the lightbulb went off. It's worth it -- it *will* change your life! :D

Me too. During the free trial I had no idea what I was doing or how it was meant to work. But I eventually got the hang of it - so glad I did, it really is just what I needed.

Before YNAB I was always hoodwinking myself about the true nature of my spending and I never really properly budgetted at all. I sort of did a cashflow forecast but that's an entirely different thing to a budget, I've finally learned. :)
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    I'm another YNAB convert :) Definitely recommend taking part in the webinars too :) They explain so much and you can ask questions.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Laconic
    Laconic Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's not fun staying up til 1am for the webinars but it is definitely worth the effort.
    LBM: June 2023. Amount owed: ~£10,000I've gone debt free before, I can do it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure