PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O/S Daily Monday 22nd December 2014

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Still wet and windy here, Gers I was thinking of you driving through that this morning. Seems like it's been raining for weeks. DD has taken the car to the station as she had a lot to carry.

DD and her work friend have made a hamper for the colleague whose house was burgled (they emptied her freezer full of christmas food). Thank goodness it isn't in my fridge any more, the cheese was quite stinky!

Worked hard to get everything done yesterday, my bedroom is finished, I bought a couple of rugs which make the room less echoey, just need to find a wardrobe I like now, had a look on line but really need to look at them 'in person'. I was going to have them built in but don't think the room is big enough.

Cleaned through, just done the bathrooms so DD will only have to give a quick wipe over. My train is about 11 so will have a shower in a mo. Really looking forward to seeing DS2, will meet him at the train station hopefully and our friend can pick us both up from there.

tru - I think that is my very favourite carol, sounds like DS made a fantastic set. BTW, I would try to ignore FIL although I know it's hard, he obviously can't move on.

Take care, especially on the flooded roads. XX
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Hubby's been fed & dropped at work with a colleague.

I need to get my hair cut today & buy more dressings for hubby's feet.

DGD1 announced yesterday that she wanted a brown scarf to match her favourite soft toy, a squirrel, so I crochet a brown scarf last night, then her little sis decided she wanted a cream fluffy scarf, so I started to knit one yesterday evening.

I was up late yesterday, waiting for a Tesco delivery, when it arrived it contained coke & 7up that I hadn't ordered, Also 2 extra trays of lager & 12 extra bottles of ginger beer!

Time I made a start.

Have a good day everyone

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,121 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All

Still wet and windy here, Gers I was thinking of you driving through that this morning. Seems like it's been raining for weeks. DD has taken the car to the station as she had a lot to carry.

Thanks - and it was pretty awful. Worst was over Cairndow/The Rest but a lot of roads have huge puddles of water.

Went I come down from home to work I turn left at the flying geese roundabout and get onto the A811 so drive through Balloch - more dodgy puddles once I get through it.

Hope all is well with you there.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Morning All
    Wind is really fierce here but at least it is dry. so washing is going on the line.
    I am venturing out to get some cream, ham and coleslaw from Aldi in a mo, all the veggies, salad stuff etc has been ordered from the local greengrocer and it will be picked up on Christmas Eve, I do this every year and it is great, just a matter of paying and picking it up.
    That will be it until after Christmas :D

Spent the weekend getting the house clean and tidy and the cake iced.
    DH has taken DS with him to help him at work and DD is on 4pm to 8pm shift, but that is the last late she has until after Christmas.

(((Hugs))) to Marie, Molly, Elona's DH, Hilly and LW and anyone else who needs one x

Off to brave the madness in Aldi
    BFN xx
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was up at 5.00 this morning, not from choice I might add, but it gave me a good start to the day. Pork shoulders were in the slow cooker and I was in M & S in Milton Keynes by 6.30. I had to re-organise the fridge when I got home but there's still room for the turkey and a few other bits and pieces. It's very warm though so unless it goes much colder I won't be able to use the garage for chilled things.

I'm popping over to DS' to chop some holly an ivy and then I'll get down to the mince pies, icing the cake and decanting the sloe gin. I feel as if I'm earning my os credentials for once.
  • I have finished the shopping and will not need to go out for at least a week.

As I came back the road into town was non stop traffic......it will be worse tomorrow, its market day.

OH appears to be ok this morning.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Haven't seemed to get on much these past few days,mainly cos the DGC have been here quite a bit.Been in town with DH this morning,me to go on the market ,he to go to the accountants.I managed to leave my mobile at home,so he said he'd see me on the market and after he'd dropped me at the market he realised he forgot to take change for the car park so he dashed in to accts who kindly gave him change.I was ringing him from a call box and he wasnt answering so left him a voicemail saying I'd see him at the coffee stall in the market.Went for a coffee and was telling the lovely owner.He lent me his phone-still no answer :mad: so sent him a text and he eventually turned up a bit stressed.He didnt answer cos he thought it was people wanting work done before Christmas ho hum.

Anyway got the stuff from the market and 2 big bones for Lyla-hopefully to keep her quiet on the day.

Better have a quick tidy and try to get some ironing done before DGS arrives-his Mum is on her Xmas 'do' tonight and working tomorrow so he's staying over.

Take care in the bad weather folks xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Off to brave the madness in Aldi
    We went to @ldi at 18:30 on Saturday, and it was very quiet - we were in and out in a quarter of an hour, and got everything on my list! I shan't be shopping again now til Saturday, when I'll do a F&V run.
    What we haven't got we shall do without!:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Brambleberry
    Options
    Hi all, just popping back in after unexpected trip to shops for top-up of icing sugar. Decided not to waste the trip and got all the last minute bits in early.
    Apparently (and sadly) I was too late to see the two middle aged women fight over the last frozen turkey! Vegetables were brandished as weapons I'm told!:eek:
    The staff at my local MrS have been warned/primed for peak silly season shopping at 1pm tomorrow in case that helps with any final planning.;)
    ***Mortgage Free Oct 2018 - Debt Free again (after detour) June 2022***
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Have just heard the terrible news of the accident in Glasgow.

My condolences to the families of the people involved, I am so sorry what a terrible thing to happen

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family