Morgan Stanley [Goldfish] reduced payment dates

Options
Hello,

Long time reader of Martin's articles, first time poster..

Anyway, I've recently received the July statement for my MS Platinum Cashback card dated 24 July and the Payment due date is 08 August - approximately two weeks time.

The window between statement and payment due has always been a month as with every other card I've ever had.

Anyone have any idea why the change? I pay it off in full every month via DD so I'm not a credit risk. :confused:

I've attempted to call MS/Goldfish but hang up long before they consider connecting me (must say, this never happened ringing MS in the past, are Goldish ruining them?)

I'm not exactly brand loyal and this has already annoyed me enough to submit an application for a Capital One card, but I'm curious as to whether this may be a computer error or some sort of new policy to introduce bi-weekly statements on the sly!

Comments

• Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    They changed the rules a while ago, so people who pay by DD in full have the DD claimed some two weeks after issue of the statement.

I've got round this by changing my DD to minimum payment, and paying the difference by BACS 3-5 days before the DD is claimed.
  • *srjp*
    *srjp* Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, thanks for the advice. I don't appear to have noticed anything in the literature but then I guess it's not something they would draw our attention too - perhaps slipped in with all the gumpf about the move to Goldfish?

Sorry, I just thought about this. I still need to make the payment by 08 August regardless of via cash/cheque or DD dont I? I initially read your advice 'as Pay the minimum on the 08 Agust and the rest when you think you should'..

Ah well, I'll sort it this month and then cancel it.
  • skybluesaver
    skybluesaver Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    I found the same. Now i've set the DD to minimum payment & it gives you around another 2 weeks to pay in, paying the difference between the full amount minus the minimum payment 3 working days before the due date.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    *srjp* wrote: »
    I don't appear to have noticed anything in the literature but then I guess it's not something they would draw our attention too - perhaps slipped in with all the gumpf about the move to Goldfish?
    I have an MS Buy & Fly card and was notified way back in February in a separate 'Notice of Variation'.

For B&F customers, the change was effective 23 April 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure