Creative ways to use leftover Xmas food

Options
124»

Comments

• gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Leftovers all gone other than a bit of key lime pie.

I didn't overbuy or over cook in the first place so not much needed used. Just a little chicken meat which we had with salad and fresh bread on Boxing Day.

I can't afford to spend money on food I won't eat!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    There's no such thing as leftover chocolate.
    It doesn't have time to be leftover.

Regrettably, I agree !

Christmas leftovers are one of the great joys in life. We bought a small turkey this year so it was:
    1. roast turkey
    2. cold sliced meat with hot leftover veg
    3. turkey curry
    4. turkey stirfry with the satay sauce Father Xmas kindly put in my stocking !

There wasn't really enough for the whole 'dinners for 2' I normally freeze and do fresh roast potatoes for. Eating another Xmas dinner in February is wonderful.
    The red cabbage casserole I always do seems to last indefinitely and only needs a really cool spot, not even the fridge. I once forgot it and found (and ate it !) a month later !!!!

I also don't reckon to shop again till I need to get stuff for a New Year's Day party I take desserts too, and even then I assume I hardly need anything.

The cheesecake I made specified 4 eggs - it was fine with 3.

The toffee sauce I made for the sticky toffee pudding specified cream (which unfortunately fell all over the car boot a couple of days prevously - sigh !), but milk was substituted and that was fine too.

Another dessert required chopped apricots, and I used dates instead - yep, use it all up and feel so virtuous about not shopping - well, for a while !!!
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    We have apple sauce left over so I am going to make sausage and apple rolls for lunches next week.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income