Help Needed Goldfish Change Payment Date

Options
Hi first time on here hope i'm doing this correctly. I had a credit card with Goldfish and got into financial difficulty and enlisted the help from Gregory Pennington who took ove my financial statement and dealt directly with my creditors. Early in the year I dropped GP cos they caused me £3000 worth of interest and I had paid them £4500 in the year I used them which didn't help clear the debt.

Since then I have been dealing with the affairs quite well but have found that Goldfish had been charging me every month a £12 late payment fee even though it was going through GP. I phoned them and was told if I set up a Standing order at the month end that would stop these charges. However they keep changing the due date from between the first to the fifth so although I've set up the standing order to laeve my account on the last day of the previous month it doesn't clear their account until after this due date.

Q. Has anyone tried fighting against this before and have any advice as I feel these charges are completely unfair and need help to fight against them. But am not sure whether I have a leg to stand on.:confused:

Comments

• Chris2000
    Chris2000 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some credit card companies will let you change your statement date. It may be worth asking them to issue your statement about a week later, so there's enough time between your payday and the due date for your payments to reach them.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Certainly Egg changed my payment date for this very reason.
    You can only ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport