income support interview? want bank statements etc

Options
2»

Comments

• merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Options
    No need to worry they call everyone in for an interview. You will get one every 3 years after the first one. have you claimed carers allowance as this will give you an extra £34 a week on income support. Also you get extra tax credits on dla.
  • mummymummy2
    Options
    I called tax credits but since he only gets the lowest dla I don't think I can get carers but I will be asking when I go this week

I think that my sons dla is what it's all about there's no signature at the end of the letter but it says personal advisor so don't think it can be that bad?

it's just come at a really bad time as my son was only officially diagnosed on Wednesday even though we already knew it was cerebral palsy as he has all the symptoms
  • merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Options
    I still dont think its anything to worry about, you will get extra on your tax credits. you have to have middle rate care to claim carers allowance.
  • mummymummy2
    Options
    my son has to have more tests so we just have to see how he gets on
  • cybergal
    Options
    Yummymummy2 - Due to go on Income Support at 29 wks of my pregnancy - how many months bank statements, utility bills do they ask for ?? I also don't have utility bills as everything is direct debit !!
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cybergal wrote: »
    Yummymummy2 - Due to go on Income Support at 29 wks of my pregnancy - how many months bank statements, utility bills do they ask for ?? I also don't have utility bills as everything is direct debit !!

Electricity, gas, water rates, council tax and many other suppliers all produce bills. If you don't receive the paper ones, print off your bills from your online accounts.
  • switch007
    Options
    I know someone who ended up in hospital due to stress over this interview. They had nothing to hide and the interview was just done by some box-checking pen-pusher. They closed the case at the end of the interview.

Please don't worry yourself ill.
  • mummymummy2
    Options
    thanks I know I have nothing to hide just don't need it atm

if thry send for you thry will let you know what info they want to see for me it just said form of Id, utility bill & 3 months bank statements - my last one finally came after chasing HSBC!

just want to get it over with I only have 1 day next week without a appointment for my son I just don't need this atm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure