🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Can I view Pinterest without signing up?

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Im reluctant to give my detail on web sites unless I'm sure I'll make use of what they have to offer, and of course if it suits me.

At the moment I'd like to take a look on Pinterest at a particular project I'm engaged in and see what others are doing.

Is there anyway I can view Pinterest without signing up. I've tried Googling a few phrases but most of the info I'm coming across dates back some time and is not relevant today

As always many thanks for your advice

Kevin

Comments

• itskat
    itskat Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    You can indeed. Just put in the following URL: https://www.pinterest.com/categories/everything/

Then you can use the search bar at the top to narrow down what you're looking for.

IIRC, if you're not signed in, you'll sometimes get a popup thing encouraging you to sign up. But if you just press ESC, it should go away, or just refresh the page.

ETA: Just tested it myself, and yep the popup appears every time you open an individual picture, and pressing ESC makes it disappear. :)
    Credit Card [STRIKE]£2,988.69[/STRIKE] £2,600.00 | Savings £0
    Goals: (1) Clear the card; (2) Save £1,000 (emergency fund); (3) Make overpayments on the mortgage.

"A man is BORN! He WORKS! He DIES!" - Russell Howard
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    itskat wrote: »
    You can indeed. Just put in the following URL: https://www.pinterest.com/categories/everything/

Then you can use the search bar at the top to narrow down what you're looking for.
    the link provided does not take me to Pinterest it directs me to a proxy server page. Is this a mistake or a sneaky ad. Or am I missing something?

Sorry to be so cautious
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 December 2014 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Takes me there too.....I'm guessing, he used the proxy to visit the site. If you copy and paste it (or just type it) it will take you to Pinterest.
    Or try this one.....https://www.pinterest.com/categories/everything/
    As an aside......It's worth opening an account and signing in....It's one of the most useful sites for any project you might undertake. You don't have to share your pins if you don't wish to.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • petestan
    petestan Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys have they changed the site, I have tried the above idea of pressing the escape button which worked at first but then a new one popped up and covered the whole page and pressing escape does nothing. I'm not going to the page linked I am going to a specific page I have been sent a link to does that make a difference? I don't want to sign up yet if ever from what I have read about the way they grab everyone who you are even remotely connected to without telling you. :eek:
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2015 at 1:04AM
    Options
    ^^ Yeah this was winding me up today, the mid-screen popup I can get rid of, but the limitation on scrolling down is a real killer.

I really don't know why they want people to sign up so badly, it's stupid because you have to login with every device you have AND remember login details, otherwise you can't access the site if you happen to be away from your regular PC.

I didn't know they connected your account with other people, Skype did that to me and boy was I p1ssed....... Adding blocked people from MSN, adding people from Facebook, adding work colleugues (who I keep WELL away from my online presence). Making all sorts of assumptions that I want to group everything about my life into one basket :mad:

If I have to sign up the Pinterest, I now know to use a new email address, one not connected to ANYTHING.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 January 2015 at 1:15AM
    Options
    Never had a problem with Pinterest......Everything set to 'Private' in the settings. I don't follow anyone and no one can follow me. I've never received an email from them either.
    Never sign into anything using Facebook or Twitter....
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • coroloro
    Options
    When no other way worked, I used the "Noscript" add-on for Firefox. It manually disrupts javascript from doing things you do not want done, and this allows you to view the page without interruption. So, there's your solution right there- unless they make the page unusable without Java, then you can do this- or they add some other surprise.

PS- I joined this forum JUST to post this single message, which is frustrating, as it is an account I'll forget and probably never use ;) But wanted to help! I think sites requiring this really limit the contributions they can get, because it is a pain to do this.
  • petestan
    petestan Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    coroloro wrote: »
    When no other way worked, I used the "Noscript" add-on for Firefox. It manually disrupts javascript from doing things you do not want done, and this allows you to view the page without interruption. So, there's your solution right there- unless they make the page unusable without Java, then you can do this- or they add some other surprise.

PS- I joined this forum JUST to post this single message, which is frustrating, as it is an account I'll forget and probably never use ;) But wanted to help! I think sites requiring this really limit the contributions they can get, because it is a pain to do this.

Thanks Coroloro, just to say it's very rare find a forum where you don't need to register to post in them, I appreciate you doing so though. :T
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    itskat wrote: »
    Why would you post that weird proxy link?

Do not click
    poppy10
  • Penina
    Options
    Hi. I would like people to see the pictures I post on Pinterest when they look at my website, without having to join Pinterest to view them. This way I can post pictures of my work without having to go back to my web installer guy each time. Does anyone know how to do this?

The follow on Pinterest button allows people to see what my boards are without joining Pinterest, but as soon as they click on a board they cannot go further without joining.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family