We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Report to check records for declined credit

Options
I am completing a form that requires extensive details on my credit history, including number of times I've had a credit card application declined in the last 10 years.

I know that I've had a credit card application declined a few times in the past few years when trying to get 0% transfer deals, but I'm not sure on the exact number.

Does anyone know if any of the credit report services will include this information in the report?

Comments

• Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    There is none, you're the second person to ask this the last few weeks, what a stupid check, hope you have a good memory. CRA's only show the last 1 or 2 years and don't show rejections.
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Samreister,

A credit report would show when a search has been made as a result of an application, but it does not show whether the application was successful or not.

Experian also only keep a search on record for 12 months, after this it is automatically removed, so an Experian report would only show applications for the last 12 months, and not the outcome.

Hope this helps!
    Regards
    Neil
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • samreister
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I'll just have to go with my best guess!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport