Savings accounts deposits by Direct Debit? UPDATED

Options

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can someone help me with a few questions:

1) For the Halifax Rewards account to get the £3 benefit per month do you have to have two MONTHLY direct debits or two ACTIVE direct debits?

"
    £3 reward each month you pay in £750 or more, pay out at least 2 different direct debits and stay in credit. If in any month you miss out on the £3 reward, you can still get it in future months too (when you meet the qualifying requirements)."
    2) Does an active direct debit mean you could do a transaction once in a while like every year or more and it still counts or does it need to be more frequent?

Yes
    3) With using Paypal as a direct debit, is linking the account enough to count as a DD or do you need to purchase goods with it frequently?

No and no
    4) Is there an option to transfer a pound a month to your paypal account through the DD or is it only used for purchasing goods?

Yes and no

Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Yes
    It's no and yes isn't it? (Question related to the £3 Reward payment I believe).
  • ceredigion
    edited 20 January 2017 at 8:49PM
    Options
    It's no and yes isn't it? (Question related to the £3 Reward payment I believe).

In relation to Q2, I'd go for yes, no and yes.
    But we both know it depends where you put the full stop that is not there.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    In relation to Q2, I'd go for yes, no and yes.
    But we both know it depends where you put the full stop that is not there.
    I put a (virtual) comma in there. :)

Maybe the poster can check on the Halifax website and let us know what the correct answer is?
  • ceredigion
    Options
    I put a (virtual) comma in there. :)

Maybe the poster can check on the Halifax website and let us know what the correct answer is?

That is twice you have said this to a poster to night, and again we both know that this will never happen. :sad:
  • notpennyless
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. A monthly DD it is then.

For your answer to Q4, how do you go about setting up a £1 payment to PayPal once a month from a current account? I am guessing this need to be done through my paypal account but cannot find how.
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    I think I read on here at some point that it has to be done manually and can't be set up as a regular payment.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's right, PayPal DDs do have to be done manually, you can't automate them
  • notpennyless
    Options
    With my recently opened Halifax account I was told to add Vantage to get the £3 per month.

Looking at my account I have a Reward Current Account bank account and a Classic Vantage bank account (each with different sort-codes and account numbers).

Now which bank account do I need to have £1000 paying into and the 2 DD coming out of to get the £3 per month?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2017 at 1:09PM
    Options
    With my recently opened Halifax account I was told to add Vantage to get the £3 per month.
    Looking at my account I have a Reward Current Account bank account and a Classic Vantage bank account (each with different sort-codes and account numbers).
    Now which bank account do I need to have £1000 paying into and the 2 DD coming out of to get the £3 per month?
    All accounts require 2 DDs to be paid out each month. The Reward account requires a minimum of £750 pm paid in and the (BoS) Vantage accounts require £1,000 pm paid in.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure