edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
7 replies 1.5K views
abbas5001abbas5001 Forumite
323 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
hi all,

got a message on the car to set the tyre pressures again and once i checked them most of the tyres were under-inflated at around 27psi.

I checked the recommended psi and it said 32psi if the car is half full but if carrying a full load then 39 psi. I inflated the tyres to 32 psi but the car still came up with the message to check the tyres and then to 39psi but i still get the same message.

Anyone got any ideas? Maybe i need to somehow tell the car to measure the tyres again now that i have inflated them.

Replies

• You need to reset the tyre pressure monitor after adjusting the pressure
  • there must be a message reset button , DO NOT run them at 39psi unless you are seriously loaded
  • Your owners handbook should show you how
  • DUTRDUTR Forumite
    13K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abbas5001 wrote: »
    hi all,

got a message on the car to set the tyre pressures again and once i checked them most of the tyres were under-inflated at around 27psi.

I checked the recommended psi and it said 32psi if the car is half full but if carrying a full load then 39 psi. I inflated the tyres to 32 psi but the car still came up with the message to check the tyres and then to 39psi but i still get the same message.

Anyone got any ideas? Maybe i need to somehow tell the car to measure the tyres again now that i have inflated them.

After you inflate the tyres to the correct pressure, then press and hold the set button for a couple of seconds, you will hear a confirmation tone and the orange light will distinguish.
  • oldagetravelleroldagetraveller Forumite
    3.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to manually check the pressures too rather than rely completely on a monitoring/warning system. The tyres' condition/tread can be visually checked at the same time.
    Or is there a piece of electronic "wizardry" for that as well?

• anotherbaldrickanotherbaldrick Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    abbas5001 wrote: »
    hi all,

When everything else has failed, read the handbook
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • daveyjpdaveyjp Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system will need resetting, but if they are all down it suggests you never check pressures. The system is for drawing attention to punctures, not advise you to increase pressures.

In my experience when the warning has gone off I have found a nail or screw in the affected tyre.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support