IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

It is fair to do nothing for 2 years ??

Options
I have read the newbies guide to dealing with PCN but I am still puzzled by a letter I have just received from Ultimate Customer Solutions. I cannot recollect having received any other letters on the subject before.

It states that the are debt collectors acting on behalf of TESGB Ltd to collect dues on a PCN issued at the beginning of December 2012.

It states that it relates to a retail park in town but I cannot properly recollect who/what was happening on that day 2 years ago.

The information on this forum mostly relates to responding to recent events but what on earth is one supposed to do with a letter for a claim for something that happened so long ago ?

Many thanks. Apologies if there is an answer already lurking somewhere in these postings. I have looked but have not found one.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky at the top of the forum index, one page back from here, use the Forum Jump button to navigate there. Go to post #4 of the sticky which covers how we suggest you deal with debt collectors.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2014 at 1:55PM
    Options
    I have read the newbies guide to dealing with PCN but I am still puzzled by a letter I have just received from Ultimate Customer Solutions. I cannot recollect having received any other letters on the subject before.

It states that the are debt collectors acting on behalf of TESGB Ltd to collect dues on a PCN issued at the beginning of December 2012.

It states that it relates to a retail park in town but I cannot properly recollect who/what was happening on that day 2 years ago.

The information on this forum mostly relates to responding to recent events but what on earth is one supposed to do with a letter for a claim for something that happened so long ago ?

Many thanks. Apologies if there is an answer already lurking somewhere in these postings. I have looked but have not found one.
    Send to UCS and to TESBG (both), the first appeal template (the one from the NEWBIES thread, you've been shown how to find it on page one) and send a complaint email to the IPC and to the BPA, saying that TESGB never served a Notice to Keeper all that time ago and it is unacceptable for UCS to now obtain your data as keeper, 2 years later is far too late to allow a keeper to respond with an informed decision.

TESGB were BPA members in 2012 but joined the IPC in 2014:

http://www.theipc.info/#!aos-members/cv75

Hence why I say complain to both the BPA and IPC to get this stopped - make it clear to them both that you are also complaining to the other, and expect them to handle it and for the BPA to investigate the lack of NTK in 2012 when TESGB were BPA members. Do NOT talk about the parking event except to say it's so long ago how on earth can you know who was driving or make a response?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure