any advice on pre-nup wording?

Options
hi ,
i am getting married on 08/08/08 to the love of my life.

i came into this relationship with 5 kids and a very poorly kitted out house which i rented.

he owns his own house , several vehicles and businesses etc.

we want to sign a pre-nup before we marry just in case,this is a condition of his as he has been done over by ex partners when they split and it would make him feel more secure.

i have no problem with it as it shows him i'm not out to gain from being with him.

trouble is i want to do it the MSE way -cheap !! but still need a reasonably sound document.
does anyone have any ideas on wording or sound places online to get one done without costing the earth ?

any advice appreciated thankyou
smoke free since 01/02/09 :T
thanks to all those who've helped

Comments

• elite_2
    elite_2 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    Can't advise on the wording, but I beleive prenups are not usually recognised under uk law

HTH
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Options
    pre nups are not recognised under UK law, although I think you can have a statement of intent but I dont think it would still stand up in a court.

So that being the case you could write whatever you wanted really! If he is that well off and wants it why has he not consulted a solicitor? Just a thought............

Enjoy your day whatever you write :T
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • louserendipity
    Options
    hi ya no he isn't well off-self employed and not working at the mo due to illness ! thanks anyway
    smoke free since 01/02/09 :T
    thanks to all those who've helped
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pre nuptial agreements have no legal standing in this country at the moment, so he's just going to have to take his chances and trust you.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Options
    I second everyone else..... they have no legal standing in this country so there is little point worrying about getting one done.
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport