Options
12345679»

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    Oh, sorry, I must have got confused. My mum was told that if she made a will she could put my share in trust for me and it wouldn't affect my benefits.

Possibly a discretionary trust -
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/trusts/types/discretionary-accum.htm

http://www.step.org/state-disabled-trusts
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tekman wrote: »
    Another thought has occurred to me, Maybe I don't have to report them after all. Let me explain, The solicitor has to report the details of the estate and those who benefit from the estate to the Inland Revenue anyway and surely this would make its way back to the benefits department at some point in time which in turn would raise the alarm on these two.
    Mind you that could take some time I guess. Any thoughts on this please?

Even if it didn't make its way back there's your perfect excuse if they ever accuse you of reporting them... 'Of course I didn't report you, you must have known that the iNland Revenue would inform them??'

And to make your denial even more convincing just give all their details to a willing third party to report them so you can hand on heart say you didn't do it.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • tekman
    tekman Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Even if it didn't make its way back there's your perfect excuse if they ever accuse you of reporting them... 'Of course I didn't report you, you must have known that the iNland Revenue would inform them??'

And to make your denial even more convincing just give all their details to a willing third party to report them so you can hand on heart say you didn't do it.

Lol! Thanks for putting a smile on my face.
    Valid point though.
  • tekman
    Options
    I've just heard from my good sister, that the two scumbags are on an exotic holiday ha! We have decided to give them time to do the crime and then they wont understand how they've been caught out and they will be going down for their deception.
  • tekman
    Options
    Well it's been a while since I looked at this thread and felt it was only fair to bring at least my part to a close. Two years down the road and I had a phone call on the 6th of August from my older sister who was in Spain at the time who informed me that my younger sister had died (46) the previous day of throat cancer.
    My reaction was merely ok thanks for letting me know. After what went down and how she treated our mum as she lay there dying of cancer in her hospital bed I didn't feel anything at the news other than the thought What goes around comes around.
    Yes she was my sister but ceased being when she did what she did to the family, ergo this chapter is closed.
    Thanks to all for your support and comments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport