IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN smart parking

Options
Hello I received a parking charge notice on my screen.I was attending a gym the car park is free for 3 hours for gym members.Unfortunately the gym staff wrote the wrong date on the permit that they gave me to display and the nice security man noticed and stuck a pcn for £60 on my screen, id been parked there an hour at the time.
I tried to reason with him he was having none of it.
I have fought these pcns before with success but they were previously sent in the post as a NTK .I have no intention of paying but the question is do i wait for a NTK to appear through the post before I appeal ? and how long do I have to put my appeal in? Would any experts please help me with this, thanks .

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, you wait for the NTK whilst you read the NEWBIES thread to get the most up to date appeal information.

This assumes you are the registered keeper and the event occurred in England or Wales.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Surg1
    Surg1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks alot .i wasnt sure if i had to appeal straight away but then i didnt want to tell them my address etc.
    thanks
  • Ivor33
    Ivor33 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I contested the "fine" from smart parking with the standard moneysavingexpert.com reply.

They replied as below -
    Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parking Charge Notice Number : TE42600406

Thank you for your recent communication.

I have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Smart Parking Ltd

NICE ONE moneysavingexpert.com :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills