Extension Costs Estimate v Real Life

Options
2»

Comments

• andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1k/m2 would be shell only I'd have thought these days. 1.5k finished but still an estimate, depends on many factors.

But I'd say these things always go over budget
  • Procrastinator333
    Options
    Location will make a big difference to the price.

And the cost doesn't just come down to your tastes. What is already there, how deep will the foundations need to go. What is going in this extension? Empty rooms, a new kitchen, new bathroom? Does a gas pipe need to be moved. Does the soil stack need to be moved. There are endless things that can and will jack up the price.

We built a much smaller extension that that and have renovated 1 house and renovating a second. If there is one thing I have learned is that it all costs more than you think it will. Every time.

Good luck!
  • bretts
    bretts Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    1k/m2 or 1.5k is it including materials or just labour? Sorry for asking a stupid question.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The price I quoted was for everything !

The frame package cost 17K that included all the flooring, doors & windows, plasterboard, skirtings, stairs and insulation.

The extra 30 was for the build / erection cost, bricks, foundation slab, roofing.

I did the electrics, plumbing and stove installation myself and got it all signed off by building control first time :)
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport