Other credit reference agencies

I was wondering if anybody was aware of the full list of credit reference agencies in the UK?

I've got my records from Equifax, Experian and CallCredit, but I've recently been made aware that a number of lenders use other CRAs. Names such as Teletrack and Perfect Data Solutions have been mentioned to me and I'm in the process of requesting my credit files from them as it appears that products such as Checkmyfile don't touch them.

My credit files with the 3 main agencies are in relatively good health (apart from the odd hiccup). Previously due to some financial trouble I got into a few years ago there were some entries that really were not helping and I've worked hard these last few years to clear what I can. Now I pay bills regularly, pay a minimum of 30% of my credit card each month, don't go near or over my overdraft and as far as I'm aware, nothing bad has happened. All defaults and late payment markers I had are gone, the last one fell off of my file over 6 months ago.

I'd like to establish what data is held on me to see if it's correct. A couple of recent applications were denied due to adverse information and I'm not sure it should have been. Ultimately it's the lender's decision, but if they're basing a credit decision on adverse data that may not be correct, I need to see this and act on it if necessary. One of the recent lenders indicated they used the two above along with Equifax, but that got me thinking if I wasn't aware of these two, who else holds this data on me? I need to perform a CRA request to them all so I can sift through the data.
Competition wins:
2010 - approx £450. 2011 - approx £800. 2012 - approx £300. 2013 - nothing so far!

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2014 at 3:33PM
    Teletrack appears to use Experian as its source of CRA data and then layers additional information on top of it and is aimed at the sub prime market.

Perfect Data Solutions is similar, took more effort to find them, but is more a loan decision engine using Equifax and Call Credit rather than claiming they are adding much additional data to it themselves.

You could email Data.extract@fca.org.uk and ask them to provide an extract from the Consumer Credit Register of all firms who have permission of a CRA though as you will see from http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew Perfect Data Solutions dont yet have that permission logged against their entry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure