PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for Winter V

Options

Comments

• Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The windows were wet with condensation this morning and it was noticeably colder early on but then bright and sunny this afternoon!

I hate the Windows wet but have no idea how to stop it happening ? Any ideas anyone
    Living the simple life
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    We've been plagued by condensation in many houses tink. Apart from leaving the windows open a little for ventilation the only way I have found to combat it is with a good old window squeegee to remove the water.

We dont have the problem in this house as the windows have vents so my guess it is about getting as much ventilation as possible. Easily said when it's minus outdoors and blowing a hoolie eh?
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 10:31PM
    Options
    I noticed condensation on the bottom of our bedroom window this morning for the first time too Tink. I just take it a sign that it was colder outside than in during the night!
    I don't know if anyone has posted this but the Ladies fleece 'jamis are in Home Bargains again. I often buy them for myself and Christmas presents and have always found them to be good quality and value. £8.99 a pair this year but can I just post a warning that I usually find the 16-18 size a big comfy fit. (I like to lounge in them!:o) This year they must have a new manufacturer and they were only available in 18 which I thought would be ok but they are huge, long as well as loose. So maybe a smaller size than usual might be better for most people? I'm not returning them though... room for expansion during my winter hibernation period! :)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We use our window vac to suck up the condensation on the windows in the mornings. I bought it because I hate washing windows but it was so well worth the expense. The added bonus is that it is an excellent way to suck up the condensation you get in winter.
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Isn't it nice though to be able to sleep at night because it's so much cooler than it has been? Noticeably there has been very heavy dew on the lawns in the mornings down here, not been cold enough for a frost yet and although we're still sleeping with the small windows open for ventilation we've not had indoor condensation as yet but what we do have is snail trails absolutely all over the outsides of the downstairs back windows and kitchen door every morning and no sign of snails in the day so why do they party on my windows at night? doesn't matter how many times I clean the outsides next morning they've been doing the snail glide all over! pesky things!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's weird as it has been chilly in the morning and at night and then quite warm during the day. It's quite nice.:)

I just went to collect all OH's thermal gloves, scarves and hats to wash and put out on the line while it's sunny.

I suppose I should say DH instead of OH as we are married, lol.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Check for snails before he puts them on.....just in case!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Check for snails before he puts them on.....just in case!

EWWW! :eek:

:rotfl:
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks I try to leave the Windows locked open a crack but DH hates it and closes them! It's mostly the bedroom - the little things of salt are useless too! Think I'll just have to wipe them down and open the windows when we get up!
    Living the simple life
  • Pennydropped
    Options
    New place, new list for winter prep. I've popped on the heater once or twice - first to check and make sure all the radiators were working properly before it gets cold! Today just to take the chill off. We're in London, and it's not that cold tonight (16 outside, so likely a good 20-22 inside) but I've got a bit of a cold and feel chilly.

So much less room for stocking up for winter, so I'm having to really think about what's important and what isn't.
    Saving, decluttering and doing alright.
    :xmastree: :xmastree:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport