Experian statutory report - no instance access

Options
Equifax and Callcredit offers instant access to the statutory report instantly online. Experian doesn't, as you need to wait for a passcode to be sent by post, which you use to log on to see your report. Why is this?

Any chance in the future experian will offer instant access like Equifax and Callcredit?

Comments

• bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I shall peer at my crystal ball.
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2014 at 12:04PM
    Options
    I've have my statutory report through Experian twice now, first time I didn't really mind as I could understand the need to verify me.

Second time (a few weeks ago - last report less than 6 months ago) I was a bit miffed. I wouldn't mind so much if they sent it quickly, but it takes about a week to arrive.

It seems less secure to send it in the post. The fact that you need the post code (which is on the flaming letter) and the pin (also on the letter) then hey presto - credit report available to whoever the useless Royal Mail decide to deliver the letter to. It would make more scene to send the pin via email (if at all)
  • lestergun
    Options
    I suspect it's to prey on those that feel they require instant access and coerce them into parting with £14.95.

It really is shyster-ism.

Same systems and IT. They claim a requirement to issue a PIN by post if you're only paying £2. £14.95, no PIN required. Should be criminal and definitely not in the spirit of how it was intended.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure