Please advice re ex name possibly linking to my new address?

Options
Hello, so desperate for advice please?

Two years ago I left our family home with my two children due to domestic abuse. We lived in a refuge for a few months, then got a house (we were on the homeless list due to abuse from my ex).

I unfortunately had to go bankrupt..:-( Long story about starting again.

Right now we are settled, my ex partner does not know where we live. However I started receiving letters for him at my current address. Opened it and it was due to a tax credit over payment we had. Also started receiving phone calls on my work phone from this company, LCS.

Even though I am not too worried about the debt side of things as I am bankrupt, I am absolutely terrified that they (LCS) are now linking his name to my address and that it will somehow show up where he can see it. I called HMRC and explained the situation when I got the first letter. They've not gotten back to me yet, but I am extremely worried. If my ex finds out where we are.. Well that's just destroying all the peace we have.

Please, could anyone advice?

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    HMRC do not report data to the credit reference agencies, which is good.

I guess if he contacted HMRC and informed them that he had not received letters they may concievably inform him the address the letters were sent to.

It may be worth contacting somewhere like Refuge to see if they can advise on this situation. Or try writing to HMRC to explain the issue.

Did you historically have any joint bank accounts / credit accounts?
    If so then it would be worth getting copies of your credit reports from the credit reference agencies and seeing if he appears as a financial associate on your credit files - if he does you could then file a notice of disassociation.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • ohno_2
    ohno_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We've shared an address but always kept finances seperate. Spoken to Woman's Aid who couldn't help. Thank you for the reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure