🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Premium Bonds £50 to £40,000 in 15 years or less

Options
2»

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I would stick with 1 update a year or just on months when you win as the £50pw is predicatble.
  • enjoyyourshoes
    Options
    you could also invest the money into the stock market.

But is that gambling also ?

Its your own money, you have checked out the + & - of alternative investment/gambling decisions, so you should not worry about others comments.

I have a mix of investments including PB. My view is to keep em for 12-18 months and see what happens.

If the stock market readjusts then I can have an instant pot of £'s that will be easy (physically & psychologically) to move.

Investments are psychological too and so many people/pundit/commentators forget this

Good luck and hope to hear you have Won Big
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • In_For_A_Penny_2
    Options
    There already is a premium bonds thread that people tend to update once a month depending on their winnings.

Maybe its best to post there?
  • suebfg
    suebfg Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Husband and I used to have the max each in Premium Bonds when we sold a house- I had average luck and husband had below average. We've cashed them all in now - would rather invest in funds and hopefully not see my cash too eroded by inflation. I think they are a waste of time.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    suebfg wrote: »
    We've cashed them all in now - would rather invest in funds and hopefully not see my cash too eroded by inflation. I think they are a waste of time.
    I agree, I wager that in five years time you won't look back and regret your decision
  • NPowerUser
    NPowerUser Posts: 409 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 30 November 2014 at 3:48AM
    Options
    Despite wanting to experiment with smaller bond holdings and report the findings as part of a smaller savings plan and by accumulating the maximum over a longer period of time, some of the comments have prompted me to keep things to myself.

Post deleted
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    le_loup wrote: »
    Must you?
    Who cares?

a bit harsh, le loup. it would be a personal diary, but at least putting it on here allows others to comment, however critically. and if we don't want to read a thread, we can ignore it:A
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NPowerUser wrote: »
    PB's are a smaller element of my savings plans,...

give us an idea as to the rest of your Savings/Investments, if you want us to have some context:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport