CCJ question

Options
I've been doing a bit of searching around and I've seen conflicting information about how to get a CCJ marked as satisfied.

I have one from 2012 which I paid off in full last week. Do I have to get the £15 certificate of satisfaction in order for it to be marked 'satisfied' on my credit report or should that happen automatically?

Comments

• Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi nikongirl,

If a judgment has been paid, you should provide your proof of payment to the court and they’ll arrange for the record to be updated. Generally they’ll tell us about the change within 2 weeks.

Once the court is aware that a judgment is paid, Registry Trust Ltd. will amend their records and tell all of the credit reference agencies about the change.

So you don't have to get the certificate for it to be updated, but you will need to contact the court to let them know its been paid.

Regards
    Neil
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • nikongirl
    Options
    Thanks for that information — I'll get that sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure