Aqua Credit Card - Credit reporting

Options
Hi folks, some advice if you can. I have a credit card with these guys and ended up in some drama with them over an alleged missed payment.

End of September I lost my wallet, reported my cards missing and never thought much about it. My payment is taken by DD for the full balance every month.
Short story is - Aqua charged me for non-payment of a DD and missed payment, they also increased my minimum monthly payment (which isn't an issue). Because my direct debit was set up for the missing card, Aqua didn't inform me, they blamed my bank for not taking it. After many calls they admitted fault, reversed the charges...BUT.. They can't tell me if its affected my credit score because they don't know if they've reported it. Does that sound about right? I've spoken to them - they advised me to check my credit file (which costs) ... I know I shouldn't cut my nose off to spite my face and purchase my credit file, but surely they should know if they've reported it as a missed payment?

Any thoughts??? Thanks.

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 November 2014 at 12:08PM
    Options
    I would wait a month or so then get a copy of your credit report.

If the account was paid within a short space of time it might not get reported.

It might be easier to pay the £2.00 for your report than complain about something thats not even sure has even happened.

Plus cancelling your bank card would have not affected the collection of a direct debit. Unless you mean they collected the funds by a recurring transaction even then if the card number was different they would have still been able to collect the funds.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • pachalad
    Options
    Hello, just to be clear, it was from cancelling my lost credit card which caused the direct debit to fail. My bank had one direct debit reference and Aqua had another... Its been a bit confusing.

That's good advice tho. I paid the full balance the day after it was due, so hopefully it hasn't been reported. I just thought they would know. They seemed terribly indifferent and blas! about my concerns of a knock on effect of my credit rating!!!

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport