John Lewis Written Off Store Card

Options
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Basically John Lewis messed up my old style account card which was shut down (everyone's) at the end of September. I had a zero balance bit their system said I owed 76 pounds. After much tooling and froing they have said they were wrong and have "written off the debt".

My question is will this have a negative effect on my credit rating or make no difference?
Thanks for reading!

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look and see
  • thebritishbloke
    Options
    Check your reports in a few months.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
  • sarahkmv
    Options
    Thanks!
    I was hoping not to wait a couple of months to have to mess about. It's only just been sorted so it's be easier to amend it now, rather than months down the line.
  • thebritishbloke
    Options
    If you're not planning on applying for any credit anytime soon I wouldn't worry about it. All you can do in the mean time is ask John Lewis what they mean by written off.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure