Free Postcode Lottery/ Pick my postcode thread

Options

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 April 2018 at 11:11AM
    Options
    Not getting drawn into the discussion but just to confirm, my bank includes a partial postcode in emails.

"
    Your partial postcode is ***
    We've included your postcode at the top so you can be sure this email is
    from *****. "

So, some banks do include a partial postcode in their emails.

Not sure I've ever had a bank email me to ask me to call them, or enter any details though, so if one where to arrive I'd probably be dubious about it anyway.

It's generally just "We've updated our Terms" type emails
  • melymoos
    melymoos Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I won £5 on the flash draw the other day :)
  • nottsphil
    nottsphil Posts: 440 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 April 2020 at 12:27AM
    Options
    No, all it needs is a postcode - doesn't have to be your home postcode. Mine's not my home one
    I've just joined, so does this mean that if my postcode comes up, I might have to share the prize with somebody who doesn't even live in my street? 
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    No, all it needs is a postcode - doesn't have to be your home postcode. Mine's not my home one
    I've just joined, so does this mean that if my postcode comes up, I might have to share the prize with somebody who doesn't even live in my street? 

You can enter with any valid postcode. 
    The downside of more than one entry from the same postcode is if it is one of the prizes that is shared then everyone using that postcode and claims gets a share of the prize while some draws are whoever correctly claims first gets the prize and everyone else gets nothing. The upside is each entry goes in the draws so the more entries there are from the same post code the more chance there is of it being drawn as a potential winner.

If you want to see if a postcode is already entered you can check here
    https://pickmypostcode.com/entries-search/
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    Yes, if someone else has used the same postcode regardless of where they live. There are apparently several people using PmP who are at Buckingham palace!
  • lorbol
    Options
      you can earn pennies for referring people. Also the more people from your postcode who join the more likely you are to win a prize. 
    There are also flash draws for smaller amounts which are drawn at 9am and 9pm and if your postcode is drawn you get it if you claim first (so like a race) 
  • mjm3346
    edited 28 September 2022 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Recently won £100 that was paid within 24 hours - sadly as an alternative to PayPal they no longer offer Amazon vouchers.  Update - They now have a range of other vouchers including Amazon 
  • mjm3346
    Options
    I was glancing at the bonus leader board a few weeks ago and noticed the leader had a bonus of over £8k - this week they won the £10 stackpot draw plus their bonus 

"They won the £10 stackpot, plus their bonus £8650.21, alongside an additional £100 because we made a typo on our end and he very kindly reported it to us, so we just let him keep it for his honesty! They also very kindly agreed to write a post for you all, talking about how they built up such an incredible bonus and how to keep up hope!"

It appears they actually completed surveys for the bulk of the bonus (surprised me) so the time/reward will not have been great but as the bonus does not reset if they win again that will be another £8k plus
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 May 2023 at 11:32AM
    Options
    mjm3346 said:
    I was glancing at the bonus leader board a few weeks ago and noticed the leader had a bonus of over £8k - this week they won the £10 stackpot draw plus their bonus 

"They won the £10 stackpot, plus their bonus £8650.21, alongside an additional £100 because we made a typo on our end and he very kindly reported it to us, so we just let him keep it for his honesty! They also very kindly agreed to write a post for you all, talking about how they built up such an incredible bonus and how to keep up hope!"

It appears they actually completed surveys for the bulk of the bonus (surprised me) so the time/reward will not have been great but as the bonus does not reset if they win again that will be another £8k plus
    I have noticed they have changed their name from. "Definitely worth the wait" to "It was definitely worth the wait" :) congrats to them. 
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think My Bonus is a con. There must be millions in bonuses but we can only get it if we win. So where is the bonus? In the promoters pocket maybe
    GONE ENGLAND
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure