Options
13»

Comments

• Centipede100
    Centipede100 Posts: 107 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2012 at 9:49AM
    Options
    dandy_72 wrote: »
    ryanair sent me an email earlier today to tell me they have changed mine & my 16 yr old's sons inbound flight by 5 hours earlier plus they have also changed our outbound flight by 11 hours earlier. can we cancel the flight & reclaim back as now this flight is totally unacceptable or helpfull to us, even though we dont travel untill june?

You are able to cancel in this instance and get a full refund according to Ryanair's Ts & Cs (9.1.2):

ARTICLE 9 - SCHEDULES, CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS AND DIVERSIONS

9.1 SCHEDULES

9.1.1 The flight timings shown on your Confirmation/Itinerary or elsewhere may change between the date of reservation and the date of travel.

9.1.2 When we accept your booking, we will notify you of the scheduled flight timings in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your Confirmation/Itinerary. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight timings after you have booked your flight. If you provide us with your e-mail address and an away contact number, we will endeavour to notify you of any changes by such means. In the situations not covered by Article 9.2 below, if, after you make your reservation, but before the date of travel, we change the scheduled departure time by more than three hours and this is unacceptable to you and we are unable to book you on an alternative flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund for all monies paid in respect of the time changed flight, without further liability.

9.2 CANCELLATION AND DELAYS

9.2.1 Except as otherwise provided by the Convention or Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004, if we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule or cease to operate a route, we shall, at your option, either:
    9.2.1.1 carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available between the same routing points or, alternatively and exceptionally, and subject to specific agreement with you and to the exclusion of any other obligation, arrange for you to travel on one or more of our scheduled flights without making any additional charge either (i) via another airport served by us to your destination airport or (ii) from an alternate airport served by us to your destination airport or (iii) from your airport of origin to an alternate airport served by us within the same country as your original destination or (iv) from an alternate airport served by us to an alternate destination airport within the same country as your original destination; or
    9.2.1.2 carry you on the same route to your final destination at a later date at your convenience subject to seat availability; or
    9.2.1.3 make a refund in accordance with the provisions of Article 10.2.
    9.2.2 If your flight is cancelled or delayed for at least two hours, ask at the check-in counter or boarding gate for the text stating your rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance. (click here for the text setting out these rights)

Ryanair Ts and Cs: http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#article9

This is reinforced by EC 261/2004 which also states that you are entitled to a full refund as one of your options (Art 8): http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:EN:HTML
  • Centipede100
    Options
    The best idea is for everyone to learn to spell their own name at an early age. Difficult words can wait, but your own name!!!!

http://www.thestartupwife.co.uk/2012/02/learning-to-write.html

Can we move on the the questions about how do we all sit together and my bag is too big will they charge me for being so stupid?

Bob

That post you have quoted from is almost 2 years old and the poster hasn't been back since...!!
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    Bob

That post you have quoted from is almost 2 years old and the poster hasn't been back since...!!

Probably still trying to spell their own name to book the return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure