Credit card refund from Australia

Options
I bought tickets for Ashes test matches on my Cahoot Visa through Ticketmaster Australia. I should have received a refund for one days play of the Melbourne test but it never showed on my Visa card. I contacted TM who said there bank had checked and the refund had gone to Cahoot. Cahoot said they have not received the refund and TM should reissue it which TM say they cannot do. I have compained through the Finacial Ombudsman but got nowhere. I called Visa International and they said they couldn't help
Does anyone know who is responsible for tracking this refund to find out where it has gone because it is just driving me crazy!

Comments

• MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you're probably a bit premature contacting the FOS at this stage.

Ticketmaster need to provide you with proof that they've processed the refund.

Then you need to follow it up with Cahoot and say that you have a disputed transaction - because TM have debited your account and not credited it in respect of some tickets which you were unable to use because of play being cancelled.

They should then follow it up with TM.

Cahoot can't simply fob you back to TM - they are jointly liable assuming that the original transaction was for over £100. And even if it isn't, they should pursue it on your behalf.
  • Rock22
    Rock22 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Wow you contacted Visa International for a refund? Hehehe
  • Jmp303
    Jmp303 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Markymarkd,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I contacted the FOS as because I had to write to Cahoot detailing the lack of refund and they ignored my letters. After FOS contacted them they said they had no record of my letters. Cahoot also told me that because the tickets were bought in July 2006, it was outside the time limits for filing a dispute, even though I complained to them within a month of not receiving the refund (Feb 2007). I will follow your advice though and try again to get them to let me file a dispute.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whilst there may be a time limit for disputing the original transaction, that's not the point here.

If it's a CCA section 75 claim, based on the fact Cahoot are jointly and severally liable with the supplier, then you have 6 years to claim against Cahoot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure