PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

O/S Daily Friday 14th November 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• amandaatnumber7
    Options
    Hello :)
    Well we're all packed the little boys are asleep and I'm off to my bed shortly we've got an early start tomorrow.
    Ive got snacks and drinks for the drive so we don't have to buy from the road houses (petrol station), the food is crappy and very expensive.
    DS3 was so excited when he went to bed , bless him. I must admit I'm really looking forward to it as well
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x
    Love people use things. The opposite never works.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Sunny here so far today, but more heavy rain forecast for later on.....our porch was flooded yesterday for the first time in its life.....our front yard has a slope and my dearly beloved late father put the door in the wrong place......its on the list for replacement whenever finances allow.

Lots of stuff on paper today re possibility that UK may withdraw form the EU, it would apparently cause lots of economic and duty problems for both you and us.....dont really get into these things usually, but was surprised to learn that every man, woman and child in ireland imports £3600 of products from the Uk every year......per your Mr Cameron. I always buy Irish first and then UK although have been so far unable to find bananas, mangoes or oranges from either place!

I think that OH and I are going to the launch of a book written by a friend later, both she and OH are native Gaelic speakers so the Gaelic !!!!! will be out in force?.....nice to catch up on those we dont often see.....OH hasnt officially said that he will go yet, hence the uncertainty....I will go anyway.

Just DS1 for dinner, it will be stew from the freezer,will do some fresh potatoes in a bit, as I have not yet eaten a palatable frozen potato.

Nice to see you EG......you have been busy.

Really must get some C shopping done, cant seem towork up any enthusiasm

Hugs to all could do with one, stay safe and warm.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Poddly
    Poddly Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all. Now sunny after lashing rain all morning. Quiet day at home, cleaned bathrooms, two loads of washing done, hoovered DS's bedroom and have spent a good few hours making Xmas cards. Popped out to get a few bits from the Coop, DS needs a packed lunch tomorrow, and filled up with diesel.

Paella for dinner then choir rehearsal.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Rain this morning but brightened up this afternoon :D Still haven't put the CH on, I will just light the stove if it gets a bit chilly, but cardigans and slippers are enough at the moment, in fact I woke up last night because I was too hot :eek:

Had the hospital this morning and they confirmed that the biopsy was clear :j I can breathe again now :D

Lovely to see you back EssexGirl xx

Beef stew tonight which is in the slow cooker just a matter of getting the tatties out of the oven and serving up the veggies. I have done double so that I can make a pie with the leftovers for tomorrow night.

Better go and dish up

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great news Butterfly Brain!
  • morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I normally lurk and post very little these days - taking on a new allotment and also four chickens are taking up all my time at the moment, as well as becoming the allotment manager. It's so nice to pop in and "see" so many familiar faces as well as so many new ones. Hope all the poorlies are getting better and hugs for those that want or need them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BB I'm so happy for you, well done, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport