IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No photos to accompany PCN – Can I appeal?

Options
Hello, I haven't posted in this forum before so I apologise if this has been covered before…

I received a PCN from Hounslow Council for contravention (62):
Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway.

I was planning on challenging this PCN, but I also needed to apply for a parking permit, which couldn't be done with an outstanding parking ticket, so I was going to pay up.

When I went online to pay the fine (within the 14 day 50% period) I also had a look at the photographs taken by the parking officer to accompany the PCN. It was dark when the photos were taken so you can barely see a thing!

There are 4 photos, photo one (if you use your imagination) shows a shadowed car bumper, no colour, make of car or road markings can be seen. Photo 2 is completely black. Photo 3 shows what looks like the PCN under a windscreen wiper, but nothing else can be made out. Photo 4 shows my number plate, but the rest of the photo is too dark to make anything else out, ie no road markings or signage at all.

Can I challenge this PCN purely on the fact that there is no photographic evidence to back up the contravention?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you!

:):):):):)

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, photo evidence is the bottom of the food chain as far as legit enforcement goes. Its only usually considered after everything else checks-out - and most usually to clarify minor technical matters. Its the ticket itself, signs and the patrollers contemporaneous notes that will usually ensure that a ticket stands or falls.

As this is a council ticket, your best bet is to head to the Pepipoo forum, who are amongst the best for helping with legit tickets. Read the intro guides before posting and provide them with all the info they ask for - it all counts. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2014 at 9:54PM
    Options
    When I went online to pay the fine (within the 14 day 50% period)
    Why rush to just pay? You can win on appeal almost every time with pepipoo help and even the first appeal, if sent early, is risk free (discount is re-offered if they reject) if you read the back of the PCN - so why pay?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

And - Hounslow PCNs have a flaw in the wording. Want to know more? Ask on pepipoo, this would be a silly one to just pay IMHO.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure