Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Long time lurker who is de-lurking! I've just watched your MSE interview on catch-up - made me want to well up too. Well done on clearing huge debt in such adverse circumstances.:j:j:j:j

And great tans!:D

Lol, it was filmed not long after the holiday I won to Florida, and the amazing heat wave we were having meant our tans could stick around.

White as a sheet now :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    All thanks to you & the wonderful site you set up :D
    I have said before & will again thank you so much for the forums:A:A:money::money::money:

I agree :T. I don't know where we would all be without it :money:. I'm watching it now :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I've just watched your interview Lucky and you were amazing :). Very confident, poised and articulate. And you were definitely inspirational :T. Well done :D.

As Martin said it's good that you were able to show people that debt problems are often due to a change in circumstance, rather than extravagance.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Hairy Xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    PLMBL I thought you were fantastic last night and came across as such a lovely couple xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I certainly think your story should be picked up by a magazine or newspaper at the very least. Such a lot of debt to clear in such dire circumstances. You could pass on your tips.

So what if you've been "outed" you have nothing to be ashamed of, you're an inspiration :)

I totally agree that the support this forum is amazing. For a lot of us it's not just the money stuff there's more going on than that. I honestly don't know how I would've got through the past few years without you lot xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    PLMBL I thought you were fantastic last night and came across as such a lovely couple xx

Aw thanks penny :A.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I certainly think your story should be picked up by a magazine or newspaper at the very least. Such a lot of debt to clear in such dire circumstances. You could pass on your tips.

So what if you've been "outed" you have nothing to be ashamed of, you're an inspiration :)

I totally agree that the support this forum is amazing. For a lot of us it's not just the money stuff there's more going on than that. I honestly don't know how I would've got through the past few years without you lot xx

Thanks SA, I couldn’t agree more re MSE. My diary became such a huge crutch during bad days with DH (should I just say ‘Nick’ now :rotfl:). Being able to offload at any time of the day or night kept me sane!! The humour, support, straight talking and idea sharing makes this place amazing. Such a fantastic group of humans :A Xx
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Haven't seen the programme yet ,but another very long time lurker sending you many crongatulations
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks for delurking! I had no idea I had so many lurkers :D Xx
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for delurking! I had no idea I had so many lurkers :D Xx

You daftie :rotfl:

With 5000 replies but 429000 views that should have been obvious!

Get you with your new badge & a personal message from Martin :T:j:T. Phil and Holly won’t be far behind :)
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure