Advice needed!!! re RBS PPI

Options
About 3 weeks ago completely out of the blue, I received a letter from RBS stating they believe I was sold a single premium PPI policy with a loan with the AA in 2006. I duly completed their questionaire/form included with the letter and sent it back. Yesterday, I received a phone call from a RBS representative who wanted to ask me some questions regarding the sale of the aforesaid PPI. I told him the loan in question was sold to me in my own home, I was not aware PPI was attached to it and would not have asked for it or agreed willingly to it anyway. He then suggested the PPI was sold via a telephone, I told him if he was saying that was the case then that was it, but as far as I was concerned the loan was completed in full in my home. He then said he couldn't say if this was indeed the case as he didn't know. He asked a few more questions and I repeated that I wasn't aware that PPI was attached to this loan and I would not have asked for it or willingly agreed to it. In my honest opinion this is the case. I explained that the loan was applied for a long time ago and I had no paperwork relating to this loan to which he replied that this was understandable. The conversation ended with him telling me he may phone me again or I may get a letter sooner than the 8 week period originally quoted in the original notification letter. Have I done enough? What are my chances of a PPI refund?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What are my chances of a PPI refund?

Impossible for us to say. Unprovable allegations are weak but their audit trail doesnt sound that good either. No-one can guess on what you have said.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • TippiCat
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Impossible for us to say. Unprovable allegations are weak but their audit trail doesnt sound that good either. No-one can guess on what you have said.

Is the fact me not knowing I had a PPI policy attached to this loan grounds for a viable complaint? or the case that this was a single premium policy which is now banned?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Again, no one knows
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    s the fact me not knowing I had a PPI policy attached to this loan grounds for a viable complaint?

its a complaint reason but a weak one. Can you prove you didnt know?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure