Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Thank you. :)
    Does nam-myoho-tenge-kyo mean something, or are they just syllables to help you detach your mind, or something like that? (Sorry not very clued up about Buddhism, I'm afraid.)
    Yes,NYRK has a meaning.
    Nam- meaning ‘to dedicate one’s life’
    Myoho-the Mystic Law
    Renge- the lotus flower
    Kyo - meaning ‘sutra’.

Basically chanting NYRK is likened to a happiness making machine.
    I have been chanting for 17 years now and it has changed my life.
    It helps me deal with with life’s challenges :)
    Anything else just ask.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Slept really well last night.
    The stronger painkillers & the muscle relaxants knocked me out.
    A bit of a struggle this morning coming to!!
    My spasm has eased off a wee bit but still not great.
    It is awould like but she is coming to see the new s it is.

Money still tight.
    I am a bit dopey & currently dont really care :eek:

Sitting in my new chair.
    My mum is coming to visit shortly and the plce is not as tidy as I would like but she is coming to see me & not the tidy house!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Absolutely she is! Don't worry about the tidy house or not and I'm sure anyone would understand as the medication can make you feel really spaced out.

Hope the spasm eases soon.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good night. I'm sure your Mum won't mind what the house looks like as long as you're OK.

At least you know why you don't care about money being tight - the real problems start when we don't care but are fully compos mentis :cool::rotfl:

Have a lovely afternoon. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Absolutely she is! Don't worry about the tidy house or not and I'm sure anyone would understand as the medication can make you feel really spaced out.

Hope the spasm eases soon.
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Glad you had a good night. I'm sure your Mum won't mind what the house looks like as long as you're OK.

At least you know why you don't care about money being tight - the real problems start when we don't care but are fully compos mentis :cool::rotfl:

Have a lovely afternoon. xx

Thank you both :) xx

• Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation, beanielou.
    Glad the back is on the mend. I've had back spasms before, and I find it works best to surrender and take the prescription painkillers. Every time I've tried to tough it out and manage without them, I end up giving myself other problems elsewhere because I've been overcompensating or tensing up other muscles to try to protect the spasm-y bit. So last time it happened, I thought, "Right, been here, done this, and got the T-shirt. Start right away with the prescription painkillers and the heat patches." So I did that, and I got through it much quicker than usual, and with no secondary problems in other muscle groups. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • beanielou
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanation, beanielou.
    Glad the back is on the mend. I've had back spasms before, and I find it works best to surrender and take the prescription painkillers. Every time I've tried to tough it out and manage without them, I end up giving myself other problems elsewhere because I've been overcompensating or tensing up other muscles to try to protect the spasm-y bit. So last time it happened, I thought, "Right, been here, done this, and got the T-shirt. Start right away with the prescription painkillers and the heat patches." So I did that, and I got through it much quicker than usual, and with no secondary problems in other muscle groups. :)

I have them quite often unfortunatly due to my disability & the way I move.
    Hey ho.

• beanielou
    Options
    I am pondering eating an Easter Egg!!!!!

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good to hear you had a lovely night's sleep :) One good thing with my mum she wasn't bothered about cleaning so never commented on my house if it wasn't super clean. She was a ballerina she didn't do cleaning or cooking :rotfl: My childhood was filled with dancing and music - not a bad thing.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Good to hear you had a lovely night's sleep :) One good thing with my mum she wasn't bothered about cleaning so never commented on my house if it wasn't super clean. She was a ballerina she didn't do cleaning or cooking :rotfl: My childhood was filled with dancing and music - not a bad thing.

How awesome :D
    Lovely memories to have xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback