We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s awful Beanie. I have to admit I’ve always been lucky and people have helped me - including teenagers from the local secondary school. We need to remember there are still more good guys out there than the other sort- it’s just hard to distinguish who’s who sometimes though...
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,948 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    That’s awful Beanie. I have to admit I’ve always been lucky and people have helped me - including teenagers from the local secondary school. We need to remember there are still more good guys out there than the other sort- it’s just hard to distinguish who’s who sometimes though...

Sad but true.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not quite as bad as when someone drove round me on the road:eek:
    I kid you not:o:o

Well I guess that is at least better than running you over I suppose, but I take it you don't mean carefully drove round you and immediately pulled up to rush over and help?

Glad you are ok

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well I guess that is at least better than running you over I suppose, but I take it you don't mean carefully drove round you and immediately pulled up to rush over and help?

Glad you are ok

Rosa xx

Sadly not.

Thank you :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Thank you to my lovely readers for your support as always :)

• beanielou
    Options
    Anyone looking to move banks to the TSB please give me a shout.
    £75 for each of us :)

How can I refer a friend?
    From today, customers can earn £75 when they refer a friend who switches their account to TSB's Classic or Classic Plus account from a different bank. The person who's referred will also get £75.

Current account customers can recommend up to five friends, meaning in theory you could net £375 through referrals – but you'll need to be quick as the offer's only running until 30 June.

To claim the cash, you'll need to fill in your details to receive an email link to send to family members and friends.

They'll then need to apply for a Classic or Classic Plus account by 30 June, and switch using the Current Account Switching Service by 26 July.

Once they've switched, they'll have 28 days to pay in £500 and set up two active direct debits, before you're each paid the £75.

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    People are generally good, not all though.

I remember reading an article by a woman who was being dragged off the street by a man. She was literally hanging on to the street furniture in a city centre and he was attacking her.

A man in a car ignored her even when she made eye contact with him. A couple drove by. They later reported that they had had a discussion about how this might not be a domestic and what if it was their daughter. They turned around, drove back and literally drove on the pavement so they could keep her in their headlights. Her attacker ran off and was later caught.

The majority of people are still good but there are some real dorks it has to be said.

* apologies if this has made you cry. The couple in the car always make me cry.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I think that butti’s story also highlights that sometimes people don’t initially do the right thing because it takes a few minutes to process what the right thing is. They may even think that by stopping to help, they are adding to the person’s embarrassment. Or they could just be gits
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that butti’s story also highlights that sometimes people don’t initially do the right thing because it takes a few minutes to process what the right thing is. They may even think that by stopping to help, they are adding to the person’s embarrassment. Or they could just be gits

Yes, especially when you're driving. I don't get the thing about 'not a domestic' though - what does it matter if the person being hurt is technically or previously in a relationship with the aggressor? And I'd rather add to someone's embarrassment than leave them feeling ignored.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    Options
    A mix up with physio dates this week so it is next week instead :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure