Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Just had a nice wee while with two cats~~one purring on each side of me :D

Because I am Scottish, I think I got a different meaning from the rest of your diary followers? :rotfl:

Still doesn't trump me sitting talking to DD with my head at potty level as she tried to poo this morning :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Because I am Scottish, I think I got a different meaning from the rest of your diary followers? :rotfl:

Still doesn't trump me sitting talking to DD with my head at potty level as she tried to poo this morning :D

Hard to follow that:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,536 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not Scottish but got the alternative meaning :rotfl: However I did have a Glaswegian honoury gran so I've been very well trained :)

So glad the furries are settling in :) You WILL end up a crazy cat lady :) Nothing wrong with that. :D

We've been in our house since 1992 :eek:
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How's your old boy coping with the new additions?

When you go for your glasses, remember to check online for buying them, some companies do great offers and are considerably cheaper and some of the big chain companies are even cheaper online than they are in store (which is just plain wrong if you ask me). DD1 just used an online company and got glasses with thinned lenses for around £20.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    How's your old boy coping with the new additions?

When you go for your glasses, remember to check online for buying them, some companies do great offers and are considerably cheaper and some of the big chain companies are even cheaper online than they are in store (which is just plain wrong if you ask me). DD1 just used an online company and got glasses with thinned lenses for around £20.

Beanie - hope you don't mind me hi-jacking for a moment.:)

Pooky - do you know of anyone who has had varifocals from on-line? I am nervous of it, because it is important to me that they are marked up right, also my one ear is fractionally higher than the other and if not fitted right they are lopsided when on:eek::eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Best boy is okish.
    Lots of hissing and growling but no actual fighting.
    It is early days.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Like maddiemay I am not convinced that online would work for me.
    Anyone got success stories with varifocals?
    Also what if the fit is not quite right?
    I am up for saving money but wary.

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I recommend Zooplus for cat food which is cheaper than supermarkets - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/

Sometimes Amazon is cheaper but generally on Zooplus they have % free so for instance the other day the dog food I got was 18kg rather than 15kg for £39.99 which made it way cheaper than anywhere else.

Zooplus is also on the cashback sites, might only be pence but it adds up especially if you are ordering regularly.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks EE :)

Ordered from Amazon last night & just been delivered.
    As it was heavy & it is chucking it down at present I am well chuffed with that :T :T

Imagine the visiting farmers market today will have been a bit of a wash out :eek:

• beanielou
    Options
    You know the other day I bit the bullet & went for Amazons offer of the day.
    It was one of those one cup thingys.
    I have wanted one for years but I could bot justify the cost.
    Anyway it was a penny under 25 quid & I just love love love it. :grin::grin:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback