Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Some help required lovely readers.

i I use gmail It is showing there is one unread email which I just cannot track down. In yahoo you can click on unread. Cant find a similar option on gmail. Can anyone suggest anything?

ii I am involved in a small disabilty charity.
    They are going to fund a small printer for me to use at home.
    A nice easy basic for for idiots.
    Not more than about £55 approx.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No suggestions on email, sorry, beanie - as far as the printer's concerned, I was with my brother when he bought a cheap new one last Christmas, at a big shopping centre place near Preston. Paid £40, and it does everything (I use it to scan family photos, and it does 1200 pixels, which is amazing! Takes forever, but I can literally carry on doing something else). It's Hewlett packard, if that helps.

xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks Karmcat :) xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• October_Starter
    Options
    We got a HP wireless printer from Mr S. My DM bought it for us at about £25 as it was on offer. It prints, scans etc etc. Really useful as we can use it with both our computers.

October xx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With any printer it's best to check the price of replacement inks before you buy the printer.....they do vary. Most wireless printers are now pretty fool proof and don't need a lot of setting up. Don't forget to look for some cash back too!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Funnily enough have just bought an HP wireless printer from Mr S. £30 quid. Job done I hope. Reduced from 50.
    Too heavy to lug in from car so can stay there for the moment.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,304 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got an HP one, can't complain. Can't help with the GMail, I use Yahoo.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I really love our printer! I've printed a few photos for the first time in years! Enjoy!!!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your help.

Looking forward to today.
    A gathering of a big part of our clan.
    Although I have a very small family most of them live a long way away.
    So today most are gathering.
    So lucky to have a lovely family.
    Only problem is as more of them coming than originally expected there is no where for me to sleep at my mums.:eek: :rotfl:

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Looks like you'll have to stay up all night partying then!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback