🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oops! MrEH's parting shot to me on pretty much a daily basis is "don't go back to sleep!" - SUCH a horrible feeling when you wake up and see the clock!

Hope you're feeling better soon Z!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I slept badly too last night. Ankle pain then dog and cat playing up. Hope you're having a good day despite rough night xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Had a lovely lunch with friends.
    Still very tired.
    Helping (though not much) with hampers at foodbank tonight.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    What a lovely atmosphere at the foodbank tonight.
    So lovely to see people coming together to help others in our community :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    What a lovely atmosphere at the foodbank tonight.
    So lovely to see people coming together to help others in our community :)

It is lovely :A
    I just wish - really really really wish - that we didn't need foodbanks. It makes me :( and :mad:
  • beanielou
    Options
    It is lovely :A
    I just wish - really really really wish - that we didn't need foodbanks. It makes me :( and :mad:

Me too.
    We are an independant foodbank & it is much needed :(
    Good that the community comes together to support though.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I feel the same way about hospices. I think any first world nation should be capable of providing end of life care without relying on charity.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I feel the same way about hospices. I think any first world nation should be capable of providing end of life care without relying on charity.

Agree 100%.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a lovely thing to do Beanie. I'd like to do something like that when I'm mobile again. I volunteered to help out a charity work supports before I broke my ankle -mentoring reformed drug/alcohol abusers who want to get back to work. Been told it's very rewarding work.

But as others have said what a world we live in where we have to have food banks and rely on charities for hospice care - it's very wrong.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Waving Beanielou

I have made some lovely links with two local food banks this Christmas, they are distributing flyers for our Community Christmas Day.

We are collecting the left over stock that will become out of date over the holidays to distribute.

I am doing the reverse advent for our local ones, to help them restock in January.

i have referred several clients in the past and no how needed they are even in leafy Surrey.

Mrs SA - when working my client base has been homeless/ drug and alcohol and yes it it very rewarding work.

We might not have as many pennies as we would wish, but giving time is equally important.

Fully of admiration Beanielou x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure