Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes to plan Bear :)

I think it is time for a bit of a reality check for me.
    A bit of overspending creeping in.
    I buy a lot of my clothes from ebay as I like a certain ethical cotton brand & I can pick up some excellent bargains for not too many pennies.
    But~~I really do not need clothes.
    One to really think about it.

Also too many coffees & snacks galloping in.
    The reality is although I love love love this I really really cannot afford it.

Life is not always as you want it.
    Ho hum.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope all goes to plan Bear :)

Also too many coffees & snacks galloping in.
    The reality is although I love love love this I really really cannot afford it.

Life is not always as you want it.
    Ho hum.

Are you my twin sister :p ... can really emphasise with you
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    Options
    So time to really knuckle down.
    I am nearly in my OD & and I have not been there for a very very long time,
    Very sobering.

Still looking for some Christmas gifts but I will so not be going overboard.

Very very cold here. Think was -2 when I last looked.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Done nothing but rain here but not too cold and thankfully no snow.

Good time to take advantage of 3 for 2, Black Friday type offers for Christmas gifts, no need to spend a lot. Some of my best presents have been less than a fiver but thought has gone into it. Might be worth looking into local Christmas fayres for bargains.

If you love your coffees and snacks out why not just cut them down rather than out altogether - best of both worlds.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    I am lucky as I have a small Christmas list of people to buy for.
    I have agreed with a couple of my friends no presents so that is good.
    Yes, I agree on cutting down the coffee's rather than cutting out completely.

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coffees and tasty treats are always so very tempting!
    I like your agreement with your friends- we have some close friends that are (like me) finding things tight financially so will have a chat with them about presents, as we don't need presents so maybe a nice home cooked dinner in for Christmas will be better :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am lucky as I have a small Christmas list of people to buy for.
    I have agreed with a couple of my friends no presents so that is good.
    Yes, I agree on cutting down the coffee's rather than cutting out completely.

Smart thinking :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Having a Frugal Friday today.
    No Black Friday for me.
    Nothing I need to buy today apart from some food essentials.

Happy Friday all.

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Happy Friday beanielou and friends :)

th?&id=OIP.Md3b63c33cedc23f6a75817b22cc7bcf8o0&w=177&h=162&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having a Frugal Friday today.
    No Black Friday for me.
    Nothing I need to buy today apart from some food essentials.

Happy Friday all.

Good for you, we need to go and take a shirt back to J Lewis before the 90 days expire.

I am going with vouchers including one for tea and cake... and a strict list ;)

But are we mad going today :eek::eek:

hope you are looking forward to putting your feet up this weekend
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback