We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thread Tuesday 4th November
Comments
-
Still not 100% so another day off work which is rubbish as I always feel guilty. Where I work is very strict on sick leave too but this is first absence for a year! Mum asked if it is anxiety physically manifesting itself and weakening my, usually strong, immune system. Got me thinking so if feeling up to it plan on doing some light yoga tonight, mainly just some breathing exercises. Doesn't help that everyone is down with colds and virus' at the moment too though.
Dumpling - I believe you should continue with your regular fluid intake and actually could be best to drink more as although you are putting more fluid in it actually flushes out better and helps reduce fluid retention.
Red Ruby - glad to hear about little dog. Keep us posted!
Vintage loving, allotment holding, low waste living. Indi = DH. Maisie Bones = fur baby
Credit Card paid off = 02/04/2018
Bank of Mum loan = £450
Now saving for a house deposit!0 -
Aaaatishooooooo!!!!! feeling rather rough and drippy this morning so I'm going to have an indoors day in the warm today and not give my germs to anyone else. Unfortunately I've already given them to He Who Knows so we'll cough and splutter our way through the next few days together.
Hope all the poorlies are feeling better today, that all problems and vexations are smaller today and on the way to being solved and hoping you all have something in your day to make you smile, Lyn xxx.0 -
Don't cut down on your drinks. Your kidneys still need a decent amount of water to function. Ive been taking them for years and my GP is always telling me how important it is for me to drink. I dehydrate quite easily. I found as my body got used to them, I only need to spend the first hour or so near a toilet.A quick question, I have been prescribed water tablets as my legs are pretty swollen and I took my first one yesterday and TMI alert! spent most of the day running backward and forward to the loo. I only had a couple of cups of tea and a glass of water. Do you drink as normal whilst taking them or do you have to cut down on your fluids. I admit I felt pretty dessicated by the end of the day
.
Morning all,
Love Sammy Snake Tru, and yes, I shamefully hold my hands up to admitting I looked through your pictures too. I love your wave blanket.
Thinking of Little dog and hoping all went well overnight and that she continues to improve.
Not much for me to do today except chase my son into booking his first driving lesson. He's choice of employment is particularly limited until he learns to drive.. He's got the car, just needs his licence.
Chilli for tea tonight, nothing special. Just something quick and easy.
Oops must go... the loo is calling me, only took my tablets 20 minutes ago.:rotfl:
Onwards and forwards,
have a great day all.This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Morning chums bright and sunny here at the moment so I have just put the washing out for a blow ,will probably have to finish it off on the airer. NSD today as I am doing some belt tightening this month.I am just going to make some 'bendy veg soup' shortly as I have a couple of carrots a sad looking parsnip some celery a spud or two and some lentils .Thrown alltogether into the pan with some stock and a dollop of lazy garlic and some curry powder it should make me several days soup to perk up the lunchtime crackers with (and it uses up stuff as well
:):))Money is not being spent at my house if I can help it
:) I have a pork chop from the freezer for dinner tonight with a jacket spud and salad.Takes care of Tuesday menu
:)
have a good day chums
JackieO xxx0 -
Morning all,
Redruby, I hope little dog had a better night. Hugs to you all.
Dumpling, very happy that you are feeling more calm, anxiety is horrid. I have been struggling with walking lately too, last week I went out without my stick and I struggled. Was very glad to get to a seat to sit down, felt ancient
Lyn, hope you feel better soon.
Hello to all.
What a difference the sun shining makes, feel all happy and have more energy. The one drawback is that it highlights all the dust and we have another viewing this afternoon so will get the duster and polish out very shortly.
Like Jackie I am having a NSD, we have plenty of stocks in so no money needs to be spent.
I have just polished a spoon and now the house reeks of brasso! I will need to open the windows wide and hope the smell dissipates.
Well, I must get on with the housework.
Take care all.0 -
LYN O dear cold has developed, and you have passed it on already, you naughty girl. When I had it Himself was about 4 days behind me.
Spoil yourself now, you do so much, now is the time to look after yourself and He Who Knows. It is really quite cold here, so I hope you are keeping warm and have some home made soup.
The cough is a devil isn't it, I hope the elderberry works.
Take care
Candlelightx0 -
Redruby I hope Little Dog has had a decent night. I'm thinking maybe I should channel the spirit of my little mate Sidny to help her - he was a real fighter (healthwise, iyswim), and lived a good few years longer than a dog with all his health problems would have been expected to; from what I can gather, he amazed his vet with his refusal to give up.:o
Tru Sammy Snake is great! Can I ask, what stuffing did you use?:o I used to keep real snakes (had a corn snake, a yellow rat snake and a Taiwanese beauty snake) and was thinking it might be an interesting project to make knitted snakes with correct markings.:D
Aww, thanks - so many folks have got a bunch of carp in their lives, I didn't want to add mine to the mix. Suffice to say, I've been dogless (apart, of course from the thrice-damned BD) since 24th Oct.:( It's a quiet time of year - the franchisee will let me know when he has someone for me, I just hope it's soon! Also I have to see the Consultant re my paws on Thursday, so of course I'm stressing big time about that. Wish you hadn't asked now, eh?:D Hope your poor DH's toesies are doing ok.Hard_Up_Hester wrote: »LW, I hope the black dog isn't nipping at your heels, you seem quiet,If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0 -
It has been lovely and bright here and I have managed to put some washing out, but it is looking very grey out there at the moment so I might have to finish it off on the airers.
Then we took a lot of stuff down to the charity shop, popped into Wilkos for a new airer and came away with lots of garden bits, including the slip on clogs for 10p a pair, roofing adhesive and primer 50p each, cuprinol preservative 50p and lawn edging for 10p a pack. :j:j
Then we went to fill up with diesel and took a couple of bags of food to the food bank.
Came home and had some lunch and that has been my day so far.
It was really chilly last night, I ended up having to put a blanket on top of the quilt, I was that cold.
Yet upstairs they were all too hot..........
DD has been helping around the house today even though she is full of cold. But it is for her benefit because she has invited fourteen of her friends round for a bonfire and fireworks tomorrow night :eek::eek: she can do the catering as well, I am not up to it anymore
If it is too cold I will light the stove and watch Arrow
even if it isn't cold I am still going to watch arrow 
Ruby I hope that little dog had a better night and that she will continue to improve xx
I need some Caffine so
BFN xBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
Afternoon all,
Back to work for me today. Why is it that when you have time off you can't lie in and the day you are due back, you struggle to get out of bed?
Had a walk by the river and found some apples left in the orchard. I don't know why they don't pick them all and instead just leave some to rot. It beggars belief. Apple crumble for tea
DS2 has gone on a driving lesson. Getting a bit fed up with his instructor telling him to wait a bit longer before putting in for his test. I know DS's problem is his 'know it all arrogance' but he does drive really well. Still I suppose the instructor knows best.
Got a towel wash completely line dried today so that has pleased me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
