We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thread Tuesday 4th November
Time_to_face_the_music
Posts: 5,454 Forumite
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt
0
Comments
-
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]TTFTM How are you? x[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]VintageLady Hello
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]redruby I'm so pleased Little Dog is improving x[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I cleared out and cleaned the tiny room I laughingly call The Utility Room
Sorted through the shoe polish and medicine boxes too. Then I did the hall which seems to have been confused with the shed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Work this morning, hoovering and dusting this afternoon. How exciting
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Oooh almost forgot – Sammy Snake
[/FONT]
:beer:Bulletproof0 -
Morning everyone
Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x
Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.
Still dark, looks to be damp underfoot although not raining, temperature seems to have dropped a lot too.
DH gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work.
Dinner last night was roast chicken, roasted baby potatoes with rosemary, carrots, broccolli, stuffing, Yorkshires and gravy. I also made an apple crumble for dessert. Tonight we will be having the venison, although there doesn’t look to be much in the packets, I’m going to have to stretch that with extra veg I think. I’ll serve it with pots and veg.
Take care x
Keep safe and well x
nmlc xWEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB0 -
Morning everyone.
Still dark out so I can't tell if it's going to be a good day here. I'm heading down the road now to Glasgow.
Hope all the little doggies are doing fine. I'm more of a cat person though haven't had one for donkeys years, I remember my little cat (aged 20) jumping off the bed, lying down on the floor and just passing. It was so weird, as if she knew. Anyway, it's still a painful memory after more than 30 years so my sympathies go out.
Today I've got a work meeting in Glasgow and then I'll have a mooch around the shops. I need a splatter guard and it's time for my free drink and cake at JL with my voucher.
Right...need to get socks on and get going.
Hope everyone is doing well or better.
Happy Tuesday.0 -
Morning All
RR - Hope little dog has had a comfortable night.
Meanmarie - good news on the op.
tru - I love Sammy! (and all the other things you have made, I was being nosey and looked through all the photos!).
Hugs to those not feeling quite 'there'.
Came home from work and went to help a friend lift carpets in her new house then went to Homeb@se and bought some reduced plants for the school garden. They were selling filled hanging baskets for £2 so I bought a couple of those too. Changed the plants in some baskets yesterday as they were a little dead. More planting today, will get some of the children to help lift them out of the car.
Had fish and chips yesterday which was very tasty, not had that for ages. Will just have soup tonight as DD is out at a concert and it's not worth cooking just for me.
Now getting light and seems to be dry but cloudy. Hoping for a dry day.
Take care. XX0 -
Good morning everyone :hello:
It's a cold and wet morning here, just sent poor hubby off to work and the girls are faffing around getting ready for school. I have my CMHT lady coming to see me this morning so I will have to do some flying and tidy up the living room before she comes.
A quick question, I have been prescribed water tablets as my legs are pretty swollen and I took my first one yesterday and TMI alert! spent most of the day running backward and forward to the loo. I only had a couple of cups of tea and a glass of water. Do you drink as normal whilst taking them or do you have to cut down on your fluids. I admit I felt pretty dessicated by the end of the day
.
I'm making stew for tea with dumplings but am going to limit myself to just one. Yesterday went well even though I had an unexpected trip out to our local Wetherspoons with my eldest and my grandson. I chose very wisely and so stayed within my points.
I am finding it a bit easier to go out at the moment so I am making the most of it. My anxiety is quite low and I feel calm. I just wish i could walk more before being in too much pain with my back and turning purple in the face!! Oh well, it will come with time no doubt.
Redruby, I am still thinking of your little dog and praying for improvement.
Tru, your snake looks amazing and I speak as someone who is absolutely petrified of them
.
Meanmarie, I was cringing when you said you were going to have your leg stretched. Hope your hip operation goes smoothly and you will soon be up and about again.
Well, that's all from me today, hope you all manage to have a lovely day. Take care xx0 -
Morning all
Fish fed, hubby has a cuppa, I have porridge & a cuppa for breakfast.
Hugs to Molly, Hilly, Elona & OH, glad to hear little dog may not be too bad, nmlc, hope you get the plaster off soon.
TTFM hugs to you & OH, I hope his situation improves soon. LW, I hope the black dog isn't nipping at your heels, you seem quiet, JackieO glad you are on the mend. Lilly come back soon.
Tru, I love Sammy, MMarie, ouch.
I arrived home to 2 letters, one telling me I'm on the list for eye surgery, t'other telling me my pension lump sum will be in my account within 5 days (I deferred my state pension for a year). The bulk of it will come off the mortgage, but I'm treating myself to some winter boots & some new saucepans as well.
Time I set off for work.
I hope everyone has a good day.
Hugs HesterChin up, Titus out.0 -
Morning all,
Thanks again for the good wishes re little dog, I shall phone at 8.30 and see if she had a good night.
Off to work today, I have some oxtail in the sc with carrots onions and leeks with butter beans, I have a beef stock cube and a good glug of red wine, will plug it in before I go to work.
Need to do a wash tonight and have a quick tidy round.
Have good days all xx0 -
Good morning all,
Very misty and cold here this morning, so no chance of washing going out yet.
RR I do hope little dog had a comfortable night, I am sure you can't wait to have her home again
DUMPLING I have taken water tablets for many years. You don't need to limit your fluid intake, and when you have taken the tablets for a while everything will settle down, and you won't be going to the loo quite so often. I had to take them for swollen ankles and I had high blood pressure. You will become used to them in no time at all.
Off to the SM this morning for some bits, including cat litter and cat food. We obviously feed our own cat but also feed a cat who visits us every day, twice a day. He is almost ferel, and we can't have him in the house because he sprays, but we do feel sorry for him.
Have a good day everyone and hope to hear some good news about little dog later
Candlelightx0 -
Hi everyone,
I'm feeling tired this morning, now I remember why I was so grateful to finish work. Oh well it's only a few weeks and it will be nice to have a bit extra for Christmas.
Redruby, glad littledog is a bit better. Dumpling, well done on being able to get out a bit more.
I must go and put on a bit of make-up before I go, earlier start for me I'm afraid.0 -
BBBrrrrrrrrrrr it smells cold this morning, it will be winter coat, hats and gloves for the market.
It is dry which is a blessing.
OH will go to the library to continue his research and come home on the bus. Morrisons for me after the market and then home.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

