business logo needed...help....

Options
i now need a business logo to make my new business more profesional looking......but cant afford to pay silly money for some one to design it for me....

any suggestions? are there any free websites that i could use... ?

or.....( i know this is extremely cheeky to ask ) is there anyone on mse who could design something for me ?

the design would be used on all letter heads/ advertsing material etc..... including a sign outside my business unit....
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• BrixMorta
    BrixMorta Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Just type 'Logo' into Google, there are a number of sites that will let you design your own either free or at a modest cost. Vistaprint.co.uk have various tools enabling you to create a design althought they expect you to order the relevent staionary from them.
  • welshgirlmel
    welshgirlmel Posts: 557 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you contact the local uni maybe they could recommend recent design/multimedia graduates that would work at a very reasonable rate for you.

We have a website and used someone we knew who has just graduated to design it and create our business cards. It was very cost effective and now he has a website he can add to his portfolio
  • SPANIEL36
    SPANIEL36 Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    vista print are really good, always got offers on and the quality of the stuff is pretty good. i'd give them a shot at stationary n stuff
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks i use vista print at the mo.... with the free business cards etc....but i feel at the mo..i need to look at a logo that is more personal to vthe business.....do you know where i can get a recycle logo from ? was going to sit down tonight and have a fiddle round to see if i could come up with something .....lol....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welshgirlmel mentioned approaching your local uni - you may like to extend that idea to a local college or sixth-form college/school. Having a real project to work on for a design student could well be an attraction to them.
  • powerbase
    powerbase Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    What kind of business is it? What kind of logo do you want? Have some idea in your head though not so rigid to strangle the creativity of the person doing it.

I say students are the way to go. Make sure you know what formats you want it in so it can be reused for everything. When I first started the local enterprise agency got one created for me for free and it was OK but they just gave me a not great quality jpg file. I had to get a designer in to recreate it and ended up getting a new logo which is a lot better.

I also went through a couple of designers before I got the one I wanted but I use designers a lot in what I do so I needed one to have on speed dial to use all the time.

Get a quote as well and make sure you know what that quote gives you as an end product.

I think there is a good chance you probably know someone (even if it is a friend of a friend) who could do something for you. They may not have all the prof qualifications but know their way round photoshop (or design package of choice) and have a good eye for what looks good. Ask around your friends and family too.

One piece of advice is it may seem like "waste" of money or something that you just cannot afford at the start but it is best doing right the first time.
    To rebrand after a year or so in business was a pain in the ..... and more expensive than had I got a professional logo to begin with. Also this is stuck with your business so you better like it. Any worthwhile designer should do some initial sketches, you have a chat about what you like which ones you don't and they take that on and go again until you are happy.

Good luck.
  • smartteez
    Options
    I'll have a look at this for you for free if you will give us the opportunity to quote on any printing, signs, T-shirts, Banners, mugs, Mousemats, keyrings etc you may need in the future - no obligation - just the oportunity to network.. kevin www.smartteez.com msn messenger using [EMAIL="info@smartteez.com"]info@smartteez.com[/EMAIL]
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Here is pretty good http://cooltext.com/

Although if you want, PM me with your ideas for colours and what you kinda had in mind and I will see if I could knock something up for you. :)
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • barginboyrob
    Options
    Go on elance.com or joomlancers.com, it's like a reverse auction, people bidding for your services, I just posted on joomlancers for someone to design me a logo etc, and set max budget at $50..not sure if anyone there is good though (but they do have feedback from previous clients)...worth I shot I think
  • JusCreative
    Options
    Hi
    I would highly recommend you locate a freelance designer. Select your area in the following page http://www.freelanceuk.com/freelancers-directory/category.php/6

I hope this helps and is not against the rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure