MBNA Eligibility critieria checks

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 1.3K views
INT1INT1 Forumite
1.3K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
How accurate is it?

I have had previous relationships with MBNA and never missed payments etc.

I want a long term BT card and was going to apply for their 23 month platinum card.

The webiste prompted me to complete the eligibility criteria and it states it doesn't refer to the credit reference databases.

Yet submitting the criteria questions, it came back as not able to offer at this time.

Don't understand why it can make that decision if it doesn't refer to the credit reference agencies, and as it states using information held with previous relationships with them was always very good...

Replies

• matmidgleymatmidgley Forumite
    143 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    it does not say it does not check your credit report, it says it will not leave a search

"Find out if you are eligible before applying for this card. As part of our eligibility check we will carry out a quotation search which won't show up on your credit record as an application for credit"
  • INT1INT1 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Oh mis read then thanks.

Must be an unrecorded enquiry.
  • It's recorded, and when you get your credit report you'll be able to see it along with the other 100's of quotation searches you have when you search for car insurance. Lenders just ignore them/can't see them.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals