Investment Clubs

Pachira
Pachira Posts: 129 Forumite
edited 31 October 2014 at 1:43PM in Savings & investments
The National Investment Club Conference takes place next weekend on Saturday 8th November at the QEII Conference Centre in London.

The conference is organised by volunteers from various investment clubs across the UK, who will share their experiences and lessons learned over the years. Presentations will cover a broad spectrum of topics from stock picking strategies through to finding the right portfolio balance, to developing a successful investment club.

Existing club members and anyone interested in learning more about investing and investment clubs are welcome to attend. There is no charge, but pre-booking is recommended as places are limited.

For more information and to register:

National Investment Club Conference 2014 >>

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    all Pachira ever posts is links to conferences which are designed to capture audiences for products they probably don't need.
  • Pachira
    Pachira Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2014 at 4:27PM
    I post information about the events because the presentations are usually genuinely good and informative and likely to be of benefit to people here.

I've heard some fabulous speakers, eg Editor of Investors Chronicle at last week's London Investor Show. Why would I miss out on the opportunity to hear the likes of John Hughman talk about his investing experiences and lessons learned or John Bollinger (the actual creator of the Bollinger Band indicator) in person talk about how to use his own indicator, just because some exhibitor somewhere else at the show might try to sell me a product? Everytime we walk down the street, turn on the tv or open a paper someone tries to sell us something; but it doesn't stop us leaving the house. That is life.

That aside. The club event I posted here is actually run by volunteers. They are not trying to sell you anything!
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pachira wrote: »
    The club event I posted here is actually run by volunteers. They are not trying to sell you anything!

The first statement does not imply the second: charity shops are also run by volunteers, they are definitely trying to sell you something.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • kingrulzuk
    kingrulzuk Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Pachira wrote: »
    The National Investment Club Conference takes place next weekend on Saturday 8th November at the QEII Conference Centre in London.

The conference is organised by volunteers from various investment clubs across the UK, who will share their experiences and lessons learned over the years. Presentations will cover a broad spectrum of topics from stock picking strategies through to finding the right portfolio balance, to developing a successful investment club.

Existing club members and anyone interested in learning more about investing and investment clubs are welcome to attend. There is no charge, but pre-booking is recommended as places are limited.

For more information and to register:

National Investment Club Conference 2014 >>

Thank you :)
    What happens if you push this button?
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    All grown-ups here I hope, so quite capable of deciding for ourselves whether we want to go to any particular event. Good to see a factual post for a change. Thanks to Pachira for posting.

Personally, I won't be going even though it's on my doorstep. Pushing my way through a hall full of dodgy financial salesmen isn't for me. Just as I find those who go to "exibitions" such as the Ideal Home Show for the pleasure of being accosted by double glazing salesmen and characters selling carrot cutters or miracle mops very odd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure