PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Great Hunt: Have you sold your home using an online estate agent?

Options
12346»

Comments

• G6JPG
    G6JPG Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    Actually with a park home there will likely be a highly restrictive covenant on how you can sell it. More complicated to sell than a leasehold flat I would say. If the buyer needs a mortgage then you're in trouble. Easier to buy than sell I would think. If you are on your 2nd, how did the sale of the 1st go?

The Mobile Homes Act 2013 (pity they didn't get round to changing the expression, but anyway) has made it illegal for the site owner to place any restrictions on how you can sell a park home. (There can still be controls on who to, the commonest probably being if the site has a minimum age, but you can now use any agent, sign, etcetera - including, presumably, online agents.)

By their nature (much cheaper than a bricks-and-mortar home and tend to be bought by people selling a B&M one), mortgages are less common - though not unknown.

(The sale of my first was via a conventional agent - but that was in 2007 or '8 so [a] online hadn't really got going it was just before the bottom fell out of everything. I was very lucky [though I don't think my buyers were unhappy].)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure